Does it matter if my undergraduate degree is not bps accredited
psych5678
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rose_99)
It does - you need bps accreditation for many career paths in psychology and if you wanted to continue further education. It would be better to have it than not to have it as if you wanted to apply for NHS jobs, bps accreditation is a requirement.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want to eventually become a practitioner psychologist you 100% need an accredited undergraduate degree. Accreditation is needed to get onto masters or doctoral level qualifications. If not, you'd have to do a conversion course which is an additional year of study.

Other roles you can go into with a psychology degree may not require accreditation but it's better safe than sorry as you never know when your career plans may change or what jobs will ask for.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 month ago
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Do you have an idea of what career you want to go into? Some careers for psychology require you to have a BPS accredited degree and therefore it is alot easier if you do a psychology degree that is accredited by the BPS. If you do one that isn't accredited and you wanted to go into a career that needed accreditation you will have to do another course to gain accreditation by the BPS. When I first was looking at universities, I wanted to make sure that the degree is accredited as it saves me extra time and hassle after finishing the degree

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Becca
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As advised above, having a BPS accredited degree is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist in one of eight areas recognised by the British Psychological Society. If you think you'd prefer to save time in the future you may want to consider choosing a course that is?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads