Robbie Gibson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m going to study film and tv at the university of Bristol this year. I haven’t quite sorted out accommodation. I want to know if it’s worth it when there’s a chance my course could be blended learning oriented? My course is mostly practical so on that hand I’m assuming it’s worth having the equipment readily available but then if I’m spending a lot of time away from the uni, it’s more cost effective to stay home. I’m just looking for advice.
NovaeSci
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you spoken to the University regarding how the course is presented? With just two months to go, it's highly unlikely they they won't know how they intend to present the degree by now.
Robbie Gibson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by NovaeSci)
Have you spoken to the University regarding how the course is presented? With just two months to go, it's highly unlikely they they won't know how they intend to present the degree by now.
I did, they sent me a link to the general page on blended learning even though I asked if they could be more specific to my course and when I called no one was available, despite waiting through the queue.
NovaeSci
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Robbie Gibson)
I did, they sent me a link to the general page on blended learning even though I asked if they could be more specific to my course and when I called no one was available, despite waiting through the queue.
If it's blended learning, then that will most likely mean tutorials and labs (if you are studying a science) will be in person, but things like lectures, which have a higher amount of students, will be presented online.

Have you emailed the department of the subject you're studying, rather than a general email? Each degree will present different degrees in different ways, so the head of the relevant school will know more details.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads