RentalJW999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm an international student, living in Coventry. I miss my friends back home and feel so lonely here. I'm jus anxious and feel like world is caving in on me right now.
lalalandoo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RentalJW999)
I'm an international student, living in Coventry. I miss my friends back home and feel so lonely here. I'm jus anxious and feel like world is caving in on me right now.
dont worry,its just a matter of time,youll soon make good friends and forget you ever felt that way....As per your question,you can make friends by simply being nice/approachable....you can ask a random person to do you a favour,then be thankful for it and try to keep the convo going(not in a creepy way tho) and yeah,that's all i can think of right now,i hope it helps <3
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely and anxious. Do you have any hobbies or interests? It may be a good idea to join a club that interests you such as the gym and then go to classes. I've met so many friends by going to classes. I would also suggest when university starts again to join as many societies as possible, this is such a good way to meet new people. I know it's hard not seeing your friends from home, do you have regular video calls with them? It may be good to arrange a games night with them, just something fun and it also allows you to connect with them from afar

I hope things start to get easier for you, you're not alone!

Becca
Bowlol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah i get that feeling i am going into year 2 and feel the same hopefully when things open up a bit more next year their will be more chances to meet people
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely and concerned. I understand that being an international student studying abroad can be isolating at times. Are you a newcomer to May? Is there anyone from your class who will be staying in town this summer? Are you a sports fan? If that's the case, you might make some new friends in the gym. Do you have any interests outside of work? In my first year at Coventry, I had the exact same feeling. But I've decided to broaden my horizons by joining a society and making new friends outside of my classmates.

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
MSc International Marketing Management
Coventry University
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (360)
84.11%
No (68)
15.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed