alouette259
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I have a BSc and PGCE.

I wanted to do a part time degree with Open Uni. I was told this funding didn't take into account previous study. But it is saying I have a PGCE so I am not eligible.

Please, is there a way around this? I was very sick through my degree and ended up with a disability that means I can't get many jobs in that field as I can't drive or do manual work. Teaching is not accessible for my disability either. I wanted to do computer science to become a programmer/data scientist as this can be done remotely as a job and no matter what happens with my disability I could do it

Student finance told me on the phone I would be eligible
alouette259
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Bump?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alouette259)
Hi I have a BSc and PGCE.

I wanted to do a part time degree with Open Uni. I was told this funding didn't take into account previous study. But it is saying I have a PGCE so I am not eligible.

Please, is there a way around this? I was very sick through my degree and ended up with a disability that means I can't get many jobs in that field as I can't drive or do manual work. Teaching is not accessible for my disability either. I wanted to do computer science to become a programmer/data scientist as this can be done remotely as a job and no matter what happens with my disability I could do it

Student finance told me on the phone I would be eligible
Hi, what course are you looking at?
Thanks, Isaac
alouette259
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, what course are you looking at?
Thanks, Isaac
I have had a slight change. Information online is confusing. I want to do a Bsc in diagnostic radiography which is full time. What funding would I get?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have had a slight change. Information online is confusing. I want to do a Bsc in diagnostic radiography which is full time. What funding would I get?
We will fund the following Allied Health Professional courses regardless of your previous study;
• Chiropody
• Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
• Dietetics
• Dietetics and nutrition
• Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing and social work (Dual honours)
• Occupational therapy
• Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
• Orthoptics
• Physiotherapy
• Podiatry
• Prosthetics and Orthotics
• Radiography
• Radiotherapy
• Speech and language therapy

So you can be funded for your radiography course as long as you are not professionally registered in this field already.

Thanks, Isaac
alouette259
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
We will fund the following Allied Health Professional courses regardless of your previous study;
• Chiropody
• Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
• Dietetics
• Dietetics and nutrition
• Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing and social work (Dual honours)
• Occupational therapy
• Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
• Orthoptics
• Physiotherapy
• Podiatry
• Prosthetics and Orthotics
• Radiography
• Radiotherapy
• Speech and language therapy

So you can be funded for your radiography course as long as you are not professionally registered in this field already.

Thanks, Isaac
When I go to apply for funding, it won't let me as it I have to say I already have a degree and PGCE and it automatically puts me to a screen that says I cannot apply for funding for a qualification lower than what I already have. It won't let me submit an application due to my PGCE
Last edited by alouette259; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I go to apply for funding, it won't let me as it I have to say I already have a degree and PGCE and it automatically puts me to a screen that says I cannot apply for funding for a qualification lower than what I already have. It won't let me submit an application due to my PGCE
Please send in a paper application form.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads