The Student Room Group

How much money fir freshers

Hi so I will be attending University of Nottingham this September and I was wondering roughly how much money will be needed for freshers, I will drink but not that much.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so I will be attending University of Nottingham this September and I was wondering roughly how much money will be needed for freshers, I will drink but not that much.

Hi anonymous,

In general for freshers I would take a little more than you would normally take on a night out with you, purely because there is a lot of excitement about being independent and away from home, so you might find you decide to drink a little more than normal. Also being in a new area, you might not be familiar with drinks prices in all venues so you might unknowingly go to a more expensive venue than anticipated. If you don't spend it all, great!

For freshers week, I planned for £40 a night which included taxis, usual night out spending (about £20ish) plus a little extra. I bought tickets before hand which generally ranged between £1-10 depending on venue and time of entry). I never spent all of the £40 in one night (more in the £20-30 area), but it's good to prepare for spending a little more just in case. I also didn't go out every night of freshers week, I think I only went out for 3 or 4 actual nights out and I didn't always stay out really late either (so I spent less). If you're planning to go out for all of freshers week then you might want to bring your budget down a bit so it's still manageable.

Hope this helps!

Lucy
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi anonymous,

In general for freshers I would take a little more than you would normally take on a night out with you, purely because there is a lot of excitement about being independent and away from home, so you might find you decide to drink a little more than normal. Also being in a new area, you might not be familiar with drinks prices in all venues so you might unknowingly go to a more expensive venue than anticipated. If you don't spend it all, great!

For freshers week, I planned for £40 a night which included taxis, usual night out spending (about £20ish) plus a little extra. I bought tickets before hand which generally ranged between £1-10 depending on venue and time of entry). I never spent all of the £40 in one night (more in the £20-30 area), but it's good to prepare for spending a little more just in case. I also didn't go out every night of freshers week, I think I only went out for 3 or 4 actual nights out and I didn't always stay out really late either (so I spent less). If you're planning to go out for all of freshers week then you might want to bring your budget down a bit so it's still manageable.

Hope this helps!

Lucy

Thank you so much for replying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending