The Student Room Group

What would you liked to know before university has started?

what advices would you give for students going into university for three years?

I’m listing those advices in my notebook to check them every now and then. Thank you.
Reply 1
Going into second year so here's some advice for first year.
Make sure to join societies as their a good way to make friends of similar interests.
Make sure to go to lectures and learn the material in the first year as all the further years will be based off that information.
Make sure that you don't worry too much about grades even though i said the point above in terms of final grade the first year doesn't impact that grade aka don't worry if you get a bad exam grade or something , your life isnt over lol.
Also make sure you go into a subject because it has both job prospects and also its something your passionate about.
Original post by Anonymous
what advices would you give for students going into university for three years?

I’m listing those advices in my notebook to check them every now and then. Thank you.

Hey! We have student ambassadors on site this week to answer any questions you may have or if you are looking for some advice, so feel free to ask a question here :h:
Reply 3
Don’t sit in your room alone all the time. No matter how introverted you are, go out even if you’re just sitting on a bench outside of accommodation listening to music
Reply 4
Original post by Iownuk
Don’t sit in your room alone all the time. No matter how introverted you are, go out even if you’re just sitting on a bench outside of accommodation listening to music

lmao this is what I mostly do. I sit in my room all day. I really needed to hear this lol. thank you so much.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
lmao this is what I mostly do. I sit in my room all day. I really needed to hear this lol. thank you so much.

That’s what I did in my first year and guess what happened? I ended the year with no real friends. Don’t make the same mistake as me. I sure won’t be when I go into second year

Quick Reply

Latest