aarrose
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I received a score of: 2040 + Band 3

I am almost certain that this score is not good enough to get into any UK medical school, but I wanted to know what The Student Room had to say about it.

(Be brutally honest)
What The Cluck
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I'm being "Brutally honest", 2040 does look like a really low UCAT score and it will almost definitely limit the medical schools you will be able to apply for. They do use UCAT scores as cut-offs and if you apply to medical schools which use the UCAT you will most likely not be called up for an interview.

You may want to consider looking at the BMAT as BMAT schools don't consider UCAT score. If you scored well in that you will still stand a chance of getting shortlisted for an interview.
Turning_A_Corner
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think it’s necessary to be brutal, just pragmatic. Your score is below last year’s cut off for just about every university that uses cut off scores and your SJT score would disqualify you from many even if you were above the threshold.
Without more context it would be impossible to say if you should avoid UCAT universities altogether this year. But it would be worth you considering the BMAT route, as someone else has helpfully suggested.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As suggested above your only option now is to take the BMAT. I'd like to add that you should change all your med school options to BMAT unis if you want to apply strategically.
Effyd123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
or try a place like UCLAN that uses neither ucat nor bmat
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Effyd123)
or try a place like UCLAN that uses neither ucat nor bmat
You have to be resident in the North West of England to apply for UCLan, so it is not possible for most people to apply here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads