I'm so bored of doing nothing

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I feel like my health is deteriorating, I'm a 22F but I feel like a 80F. I have no friends in my city, unfortunately I didn't click with anyone in my 3 years of university. In my opinion it felt like a waste of time; I was heavily depressed during 2nd year because of how friendless I was. 3rd year was like "good riddance". Since finishing in June, I've been applying left and right for jobs and have got nowhere, no one wants to employ me... I applied for like 5 retail jobs (like super drugs, cocktail bars + Nando's etc) and all declined my application. I've stopped looking for retail and looked for something in my career field, and I just feel like I'm not going to get selected, I have no experience and have n
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like my health is deteriorating, I'm a 22F but I feel like a 80F. I have no friends in my city, unfortunately I didn't click with anyone in my 3 years of university. In my opinion it felt like a waste of time; I was heavily depressed during 2nd year because of how friendless I was. 3rd year was like "good riddance". Since finishing in June, I've been applying left and right for jobs and have got nowhere, no one wants to employ me... I applied for like 5 retail jobs (like super drugs, cocktail bars + Nando's etc) and all declined my application. I've stopped looking for retail and looked for something in my career field, and I just feel like I'm not going to get selected, I have no experience and have n
Just doubting myself. I just want a good job, some friends and a happy experience at work. It's so upsetting seeing my household members (family) just be able to go out weekly with their friends and I have to relocate, at someone's house for the time being. It's sad
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Friends aren’t everything, having friends doesn’t necessarily guarantee happiness. Keep trying, apply wherever you can, get some career counseling. Maybe there are some apprenticeship programs out there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise