asianism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a 17" hp laptop, with decent specs: 8GB ram, i5 intel cpu. It is quite old however, so I don't think it will reach a good price if I sell it. I normally use a mac and have a gaming pc and monitor for gaming. Both devices are higher speced than the hp. Is there a good use for it another than selling it?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can donate it to a charity that you support, gift it to a younger relative or keep it as a backup laptop.
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by asianism)
I have a 17" hp laptop, with decent specs: 8GB ram, i5 intel cpu. It is quite old however, so I don't think it will reach a good price if I sell it. I normally use a mac and have a gaming pc and monitor for gaming. Both devices are higher speced than the hp. Is there a good use for it another than selling it?
Just with those specs I would say you could get a minimum of £100 as long as it’s in decent condition.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use it to automatically back up your data onto. And as disaster recovery in case your Mac fails.

Also if you fit an SSD to the HP and give it a clean and lean install of Windows or install Linux on it, I bet for word processing and web browsing and simple spreadsheets and video conferencing - it'd be just as fast as your other computers.
IrrelevantName03
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by asianism)
If you sell it or give it away, make sure to remove the drive or use one of the many secure wipe utilities available.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads