My uni future is stressing me out and. I feel like it shouldn't.

Watch
CallmeShoba
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Tldr: my a levels were the worst 2 years of my life not, so 'hard' as it was confusing and confusing stops me getting stuff done. I had been an A/A* student for years, and based my uni choices on that, most of them triple As. Now after those years, I now struggled to get a B, didn't know who or how to ask for help as I did in my previous schools and fumbled along mirthlessly for near 2 years and even that got worsened by covid lockdowns and online 'learning'.
Now after all that time, I hoped I got better and back to my status quo in year 13 but my exam scores came and I got worse than I wanted. Now , problem 1, even the AAB uni I applied for I might not even get into. My O level self would be sick .
Problem 2: costs. I didn't know we had a strict budget and as I was disappointed by my scores ,I most likely would not be getting an academic scholarship. Now I'm worried that even if I do thankfully get in there, as it is still a really good uni, my family may not be able to afford it.
I'm worried because any structure I've hoped to build to be sure of what's going to happen to me is near gone. I just wish she told me what she could do from the start so I would have made more convenient uni choices. The perfect thing for me may be to do a foundation year to certify that I am able and do deserve to be at whatever uni I choose but my parent says that the additional year , despite a lower prices would be too much.
I wish there was a way I could help, I wish I had or job or just could speak up more or do something to be sure of where I'm going. Is there anything I can do? And sorry for any mistakes or repetitions, I was rushing
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll need to talk to the SU at the uni you get in to on results day wether that your firm insurance or through through clearing they may have a student hardship fund which could help you out if they can't help talk to student services they've accepted you and want you there and they will do their level best to ensure you can go there wether your in halls or whatever else.
marple
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CallmeShoba)
Tldr: my a levels were the worst 2 years of my life not, so 'hard' as it was confusing and confusing stops me getting stuff done. I had been an A/A* student for years, and based my uni choices on that, most of them triple As. Now after those years, I now struggled to get a B, didn't know who or how to ask for help as I did in my previous schools and fumbled along mirthlessly for near 2 years and even that got worsened by covid lockdowns and online 'learning'.
Now after all that time, I hoped I got better and back to my status quo in year 13 but my exam scores came and I got worse than I wanted. Now , problem 1, even the AAB uni I applied for I might not even get into. My O level self would be sick .
Problem 2: costs. I didn't know we had a strict budget and as I was disappointed by my scores ,I most likely would not be getting an academic scholarship. Now I'm worried that even if I do thankfully get in there, as it is still a really good uni, my family may not be able to afford it.
I'm worried because any structure I've hoped to build to be sure of what's going to happen to me is near gone. I just wish she told me what she could do from the start so I would have made more convenient uni choices. The perfect thing for me may be to do a foundation year to certify that I am able and do deserve to be at whatever uni I choose but my parent says that the additional year , despite a lower prices would be too much.
I wish there was a way I could help, I wish I had or job or just could speak up more or do something to be sure of where I'm going. Is there anything I can do? And sorry for any mistakes or repetitions, I was rushing
Are you a UK student? If so the tuition fees will be covered by the tuition fee loan whatever (UK) university you go to. This would also apply to a qualifying foundation year. The Maintenance loan (to cover living costs) depends on your parents income, but the tuition loan doesn't
CallmeShoba
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im

(Original post by marple)
Are you a UK student? If so the tuition fees will be covered by the tuition fee loan whatever (UK) university you go to. This would also apply to a qualifying foundation year. The Maintenance loan (to cover living costs) depends on your parents income, but the tuition loan doesn't
I'm an international student
marple
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CallmeShoba)
Im

I'm an international student
Ah, okay.
tierny3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is there a possibility to resit your alevels?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.74%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.87%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.82%

Watched Threads