Will these grades be enough to apply to uni?

Watch
Ndexter456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just finished my Year 12 Mocks and have got them back with ABC in Economics, History and Politics. I want to apply to Exeter, the course I'm looking at is A*AA-AAA. My question is should I even bother applying? I don't know what my predicted for my final A-levels in Year 13 is but I imagine its either AAB or ABB. I do of course have a back up course but is it even worth applying.
Last edited by Ndexter456; 1 month ago
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ndexter456)
I have just finished my Year 12 Mocks and have got them back with ABC in Economics, History and Politics. I want to apply to Exeter, the course I'm looking at is A*AA-AAA. My question is should I even bother applying? I don't know what my predicted for my final A-levels in Year 13 is but I imagine its either AAB or ABB. I do of course have a back up course but is it even worth applying.
Like you say, you don't know what your predicted grades are yet so it's impossible to say. It might be worth looking into more than one "back up" course though, even in the event that you do get high enough predicted grades for Exeter.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Based on an article published here from the Guardian it is unlikely. However you have nothing to lose. You have 5 choices so even if you are rejected you still have 4 others. Make sure at least a couple are at your predicted grades.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't put in your UCAS application until you have a better idea of your final predicted grades. You can wait until early January.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads