Still not over a ex-girlfriend after 6 years

Watch
Hello12345abc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I went out with a girl for couple months (couple months during sixth form) and I still can't get over her. I haven't been in a relationship since and I still sometimes message (just to catch up, nothing romantic honest) her even though she clearly isn't interested in talking to me (she will either leave the message on "seen" or at best, she will take a day or two to respond and I'm the one making all the effort to keep the conversation going). She didn't even accept my follow on instagram.

I understand there is a psychological issue with me here and wanted to know to move on from her. Last week, I deleted my social media and her number from my phone but I still find myself wanting to talk to her again. I also keep getting anxiety thinking about the possibility of her being with another guy in the past 6 years and just can't get her out of my head.

Please can someone help me out and give me some advice to move on.
Last edited by Hello12345abc; 1 month ago
wastedcurisosity
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to stop messaging her and try and find someone new - go on a few dates, download a dating app, talk to new people, whatever to get your mind off her.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In hindsight it becomes clear that this type of nostalgia is a waste of time and just adds humiliation. You’ve done exactly the right thing deleting her on social media and her number, don’t make contact again. Redirect the angst energy in to new pursuits and finding someone. New and better love does come
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads