mazzf10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am wondering if the 18 unit engineering course with tecol is a good course that can lead onto university. Also how good is the support you receive from tutors and is there any pre-requisite knowledge that is necessary, or is everything taught to you e.g. maths, thanks.
Ayyyyyyyyylmao
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started with them 2 months ago and making good progress. You can Skype call them when you have questions and the assignments generally don't have questions you can't solve by looking for similar examples in the learning materials they give you. Though there is a 1 week turnaround in marking your work and they do seem pretty busy so allow for 1 whole day when you contact them for them to contact you back.

A full Eng HND is worth 2 years of a uni degree. If you get an average of merit grade there are universities that will accept you into the third year of thier degree program. Though personally I'm not sure if I'll do this seeing as most engineering jobs will accept a hnd at starting level jobs. Many at the HNC level.
mazzf10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ayyyyyyyyylmao)
I started with them 2 months ago and making good progress. You can Skype call them when you have questions and the assignments generally don't have questions you can't solve by looking for similar examples in the learning materials they give you. Though there is a 1 week turnaround in marking your work and they do seem pretty busy so allow for 1 whole day when you contact them for them to contact you back.

A full Eng HND is worth 2 years of a uni degree. If you get an average of merit grade there are universities that will accept you into the third year of thier degree program. Though personally I'm not sure if I'll do this seeing as most engineering jobs will accept a hnd at starting level jobs. Many at the HNC level.
Awesome, thanks for the reply, just curious what level you did with them and what maths level you were at when you started? Cheers.
Ayyyyyyyyylmao
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dropped out of a physics degree in 2010 hadn't touched maths since till now but I'm doing OK. If you've done AS level or equivilant maths I think you'll be OK. You're gona need to know how to do algebra, rearrange equations, simultaneous equations, differentiation and integration and know your way around indices and standard form as a base level.
Ayyyyyyyyylmao
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mazzf10)
Awesome, thanks for the reply, just curious what level you did with them and what maths level you were at when you started? Cheers.
Oh also I'm currently doing the HNC but I payed for the full HND which I'm working towards. They have a bridging unit they give to you to prepare you though if your worried about what level you're at. I decided to skip that because I'd retained enough maths from my college days to continue.
mazzf10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ayyyyyyyyylmao)
Oh also I'm currently doing the HNC but I payed for the full HND which I'm working towards. They have a bridging unit they give to you to prepare you though if your worried about what level you're at. I decided to skip that because I'd retained enough maths from my college days to continue.
Thanks, I'm gonna do some maths beforehand anyways, as I've not done it for a while and probably look into the bridging unit as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed