Why is team GB the only team effected by covid?

Watch
GodAtum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Why is team GB the only team effected by covid and no other countries are? They are all giving the excuse "because of covid I've not had much training" or "there's no spectators so I haven't performed my best". How come no other athletes have been affected?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are in the UK so most of what you are hearing is from the UK team. UK media covers the UK team more than, say, the Rwanda team.

You may as well ask why you only ever vacuum the house you live in.
Last edited by Sinnoh; 1 month ago
GodAtum
Rep:
?
But our athletes keep loosing to other countries, look at our football, rowing and rugby teams.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
But our athletes keep loosing to other countries, look at our football, rowing and rugby teams.
Yes. That's how sport works.

Are you new to the concept?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The team are doing as well as they have in previous games
catchrylie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why is team GB the only team effected by covid and no other countries are? They are all giving the excuse "because of covid I've not had much training" or "there's no spectators so I haven't performed my best". How come no other athletes have been affected?
I know the US has lost athletes to COVID and we lost a para Olympic swimmer due to travel restrictions.
GodAtum
Rep:
?
Well I think our rugby and rowing teams should loose funding and it be given to BMX and swimming.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I think our rugby and rowing teams should loose funding and it be given to BMX and swimming.
So give additional funding to the sports that have proven that they don't need any?
GodAtum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
So give additional funding to the sports that have proven that they don't need any?
The BMX girl had to crowdfund her Olympics, so she needs to have official funding guaranteed.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  B7CC0159-92F4-4451-850A-675529C7D369.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  103.8 KB
Tolgash
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
England's football team just made the Euros final to be fair.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There was a dailymail article that discussed the rowing performance. Apparently, the team got rid of a top coach and their performance went with him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bler-quit.html
username5778314
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is the funniest thing I've read on TSR today.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (2)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (2)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (1)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (4)
36.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (2)
18.18%

Watched Threads