The Student Room Group

Redoing Occupational Health Check

Hi there, I got an offer for a Medicine course which I have to do an occupational health check for. I completed it around 2 months ago, but then stupidly didn’t put the fact that I have scoliosis. My curve is around 30 degrees and I only experience mild pain so I didn’t think it would be a big deal, but I’m worried that sometime in the future it could worsen, and I need to disclose it in order to be referred to a physiotherapist.

Could I redo the health check? Could I add something to my health check in the future when the pain is worse? Would this delay my unconditional offer? (if yes, it would delay my visa and the time I arrive on campus)
Original post by bluehometown
Hi there, I got an offer for a Medicine course which I have to do an occupational health check for. I completed it around 2 months ago, but then stupidly didn’t put the fact that I have scoliosis. My curve is around 30 degrees and I only experience mild pain so I didn’t think it would be a big deal, but I’m worried that sometime in the future it could worsen, and I need to disclose it in order to be referred to a physiotherapist.

Could I redo the health check? Could I add something to my health check in the future when the pain is worse? Would this delay my unconditional offer? (if yes, it would delay my visa and the time I arrive on campus)

I'd contact occupational health and failing that the admissions office to see what they would like you to do. I would imagine you can amend your health check information but I don't know is this would affect your offer timeline sorry

You'll have an OH meeting when you get there so worst comes to the worst you can just disclose it then.

I'd email OH now and basically say "sorry, I forgot" and see what they say - I really doubt it will impact on your offer or start date and they must be used to this kind of thing (for example I bet loads of people start new medications or get diagnoses, or even become ill, in between filling in the form and starting med school).
Original post by becausethenight
You'll have an OH meeting when you get there so worst comes to the worst you can just disclose it then.

I'd email OH now and basically say "sorry, I forgot" and see what they say - I really doubt it will impact on your offer or start date and they must be used to this kind of thing (for example I bet loads of people start new medications or get diagnoses, or even become ill, in between filling in the form and starting med school).

Do you think I’ll have any consequences for doing that? Like have my offer revoked?
Do you think I’ll have any consequences for doing that? Like have my offer revoked?

Christ no. It shows you’re a good doctor that you’re telling them!

Look at it this way - you’re much more likely to run into issues through it being found out that you did not disclose.

Quick Reply

Latest