ParadoxicalNerd
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Am picking bio, maths and English lit. For degrees I’m thinking along the lines of psychology, neuroscience, anthropology, but really not too sure. Do unis like it if your subject combination is quite broad? Also this might sound stupid but people say there’s no point in taking Bio and Maths without another science because “they have little in common and unis never ask for them together” is that true?
nzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As long as you meet the specific subject requirements for your prospective course(s), it won't matter.
1312ACAB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

It depends on your subject and university preference. Many universities enjoy an essay based subject (english lit, in your case) if you do anthropology and the other two are good for neuroscience & psychology. For example, some will state that they require no specific subjects, if you opt for a Bsc of Anthropology then a science subject will be requested, or some may show essay based preference.

Personally, I’d say you have a good variety of well respected subjects, that can open many doors but check out the universities and courses you’re interested in to see what they specify.

Also possibly see if a careers adviser is available? Or see if you could speak to a university? I spoke to many for my a level choices as I struggled to decide, but subjects often end up having more transferable skills than you realise.

Good luck!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ParadoxicalNerd)
Am picking bio, maths and English lit. For degrees I’m thinking along the lines of psychology, neuroscience, anthropology, but really not too sure. Do unis like it if your subject combination is quite broad? Also this might sound stupid but people say there’s no point in taking Bio and Maths without another science because “they have little in common and unis never ask for them together” is that true?
Just check the courses on unis websites to see if there's any particular subjects they require.
They sound like decent subjects though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.74%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.95%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.76%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (43)
23.63%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.65%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.69%

Watched Threads