My parents don't allow me to do anything. And by that, I mean ANYTHING.

Watch
Naneeha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, my exams ended, I want to study because that's the only not boring thing they like me to do but they don't let me cuz they want me to rest.
I tried studying secretly but they saw and they got mad.
I have some hobbies, I like listening to music and drawing, but whenever I draw and get caught they punish me because I'm wasting my time. They problably think it will not make me a doctor and I will get distracted.
I can't use any social media.
I broke down today when my dad told me to get out of my room. I said what do you want me to do? He said come and chat with us in the living room. Everyone, literally everyone is looking ay their phone there. My siblings play games on the phone, my dad looks at stupid ****ing stock market, my mom is watching netflix. They want me to stand there for hours and watch them do that **** lol.
I said what tf do u want me to do other than that??? Im awake for 16 hours. He said practice quran.
They are forcing me to practice quran now. Wow.
He has no sense of time, he just likes to see me suffer. Whats the max I can practice it anyways?? 2 hours? What now? He is ****ing mad. He really is. Whenever I try to have fun I get told to either practice quran or go take a walk outside, or listen to them playing games on the phone. Drawing and studying were the only things that kept me sane, also my friends too but they cut me off with them lobg ago. They say they will distract me. Wtf should I do now...? I am like this every day, it will drive me insane slowly, being forced to sit down doing nothing every day, I cant even watch youtube videos because they think they are stupid. I was watching ****ing quantum physics videos today and they told me thats dumb lmfao. One day I will kill that guy and that will be over but I dont want to waste my life for that *****. I just want to get out of this damn house and have a good day for god's sake. Sorry for the rant. I really dont know what to do.
l.r.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That sounds really difficult I’m sorry for you! <3
It’s really frustrating that you can’t even study!!
Do you like to read? I find reading can distract me for hours. Also there are great quantum physics books out there if you liked those videos
If you’re allowed to go on walks alone, could you pack some drawing stuff, studying supplies, (books?) and your phone in a backpack and go find somewhere nice to sit and draw, study, (read?) and watch youtube.
If being a doctor is your dream I’m sure you will be a fantastic doctor!! Good luck with everything, hang in there!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Naneeha)
So, my exams ended, I want to study because that's the only not boring thing they like me to do but they don't let me cuz they want me to rest.
I tried studying secretly but they saw and they got mad.
I have some hobbies, I like listening to music and drawing, but whenever I draw and get caught they punish me because I'm wasting my time. They problably think it will not make me a doctor and I will get distracted.
I can't use any social media.
I broke down today when my dad told me to get out of my room. I said what do you want me to do? He said come and chat with us in the living room. Everyone, literally everyone is looking ay their phone there. My siblings play games on the phone, my dad looks at stupid ****ing stock market, my mom is watching netflix. They want me to stand there for hours and watch them do that **** lol.
I said what tf do u want me to do other than that??? Im awake for 16 hours. He said practice quran.
They are forcing me to practice quran now. Wow.
He has no sense of time, he just likes to see me suffer. Whats the max I can practice it anyways?? 2 hours? What now? He is ****ing mad. He really is. Whenever I try to have fun I get told to either practice quran or go take a walk outside, or listen to them playing games on the phone. Drawing and studying were the only things that kept me sane, also my friends too but they cut me off with them lobg ago. They say they will distract me. Wtf should I do now...? I am like this every day, it will drive me insane slowly, being forced to sit down doing nothing every day, I cant even watch youtube videos because they think they are stupid. I was watching ****ing quantum physics videos today and they told me thats dumb lmfao. One day I will kill that guy and that will be over but I dont want to waste my life for that *****. I just want to get out of this damn house and have a good day for god's sake. Sorry for the rant. I really dont know what to do.
Hey Naneeha, that was really hard to read. I seriously cannot believe how controlling ur father is. Ur not allowed to do any of the things that ur siblings or parents do?? U can’t relax and watch tv or play games???? I’m Muslim and also studying to become a doctor and my family also put a lot of pressure and focus for me to get into medicine. Studying to become a doctor with everyone’s eyes on u alone is a hefty amount of pressure and I understand how heart broken and alone u must feel.
Ik it’s hard to hear but my advice is to stay patient. From what uve said, I can tell that I’ve endured so much and have already been very patient and it’s taken a toll on ur mental state. But don’t lose hope.

If they let u go out with ur friends make the most out of ur time. If they don’t, confide in them through the phone. Maybe try talking to ur parents thts or nah members of ur family about how u feel.

U know, the saddest thing about ur fathers behaviour is that he tells u to read the Quran but does not practice what he preaches. He is supposed to be loving and understanding but instead is otherwise.
Islam is such an amazing and free religion and some Muslims r the ones that really mess it up sometimes. Plz plz do not let ur fathers actions influence ur view on ur religion and always stay close to Allah.

Ik taht h might think ur life is hell and no one is listening to u but Allah hears and sees everything.

U will not be stuck like this forever.

If u do want to become a doctor and go into medical school u will be spending A LOT of time away from home studying. If u choose not to, that’s completely fine. ITS YOUR LIFE. and Ik u can’t just up and leave but in the future when u move out, u can Dow shy ever du want to do.

Running away might seem like a brilliant option rn but it’s really not. This world is a dangerous and unstable place.

If u ever need someone to speak to I’m here.

Hang in there girl❤️
Naneeha
Rep:
?
Thank you, this made me feel much better
Naneeha
Rep:
?
(Original post by l.r.)
That sounds really difficult I’m sorry for you! <3
It’s really frustrating that you can’t even study!!
Do you like to read? I find reading can distract me for hours. Also there are great quantum physics books out there if you liked those videos
If you’re allowed to go on walks alone, could you pack some drawing stuff, studying supplies, (books?) and your phone in a backpack and go find somewhere nice to sit and draw, study, (read?) and watch youtube.
If being a doctor is your dream I’m sure you will be a fantastic doctor!! Good luck with everything, hang in there!
Thank you!!!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
exactly like me, my sister is controlling my life and won’t let me study A levels as she and my family think studying did my head in and is now making me look at training courses and saying drop out of A levels if its too much then drop out of btec if thats too much but won’t let me drop out of a job I don’t want to do because “working earns you money, whats studying going to do?” I said what if you can’t study she says “training courses are there for those that can’t study that much, you don’t have to do hard ones”
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed