Messaged a girl on Instagram, she never responded.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya guys posted in here a million times about this girl, I finally messaged her last night and I got no response at all. I messaged her “hiya, how’s it going” yes I know it’s a boring as hell opening message. This isn’t just some random girl aswell. It’s a girl I’ve known for years and went school with her, yes we haven’t spoke in about 3 years but it’s still so humiliating that she didn’t even respond to me. I’ve never felt this bad before, I feel awful.
The worse part about it 😂 she’s at the same uni I’m going to be at next year. Damn I feel like pure rubbish. I was excited for uni, now I’m not most likely gonna be worried during my whole time there that I’m gonna see her and feel even more humiliated.
How can I cope with this feeling of embarrassment and rejection.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Move on.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Omg never start a message with hiya, even 'hey how's it going?' is better.

You could have considered your opening message more if it was such a big deal. Anyway you can message again, saying 'look, i'm interested to get to know you..' blah blah. at least there is something more interesting to respond to there. If you get blanked again time too move on
a_human_being?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've seen you post so many times about this girl, she deserved more than a 'hiya, how's it going'

Address the tension in a humorous way. Say something like 'lol don't leave me on seen, I feel awkward now'
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Asha_m)
I've seen you post so many times about this girl, she deserved more than a 'hiya, how's it going'

Address the tension in a humorous way. Say something like 'lol don't leave me on seen, I feel awkward now'
That makes it more awkward tbh
a_human_being?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cloud_9_)
That makes it more awkward tbh
at least then if she has any decency she'll respond
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

OP please please please don’t do this.

The best thing to in this would be to simply move on. YES she aired you, but also YES you put your pride aside and made a move like a man.

Don’t feel embarrassed for doing something you wanted to do.

Next time don’t message someone “Hiya” too, as I’ve said in your previous thread.
TFEU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ppl have said that to me before and it just made me annoyed. Don’t put pressure on others to respond.

To the OP: just move on. It’s really that simple. I doubt you will run into her at uni. Even if you do, it’s unlikely she’ll be able to remember your message.
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unpopular opinion (looking at the replies you've got already) but I think you should double text. I hate to say this but I probably would have ignored a message like that too, simply because it's boring.
That way you'll get closure if she leaves you on seen the second time too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
Unpopular opinion (looking at the replies you've got already) but I think you should double text. I hate to say this but I probably would have ignored a message like that too, simply because it's boring.
That way you'll get closure if she leaves you on seen the second time too.
I can’t reply to her again I feel awful, it will look so needy and desperate if I message her again. And if she ignores me for a second time then I might aswell just move country aha
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can’t reply to her again I feel awful, it will look so needy and desperate if I message her again. And if she ignores me for a second time then I might aswell just move country aha
It's up to you
Anonymous #1
I know I should move on, it’s just the humiliation that I’m struggling to cope with. I’ve embarrassed myself in Front of her basically by sending her some stupid boring opening text.
How am I meant to cope when I see her at uni, I know we will see each other one day eventually whether it’s on a night out or in the actual university.
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know I should move on, it’s just the humiliation that I’m struggling to cope with. I’ve embarrassed myself in Front of her basically by sending her some stupid boring opening text.
How am I meant to cope when I see her at uni, I know we will see each other one day eventually whether it’s on a night out or in the actual university.
just tell her that it was your friend who did all of that messaging.

or you can start a new conversation by apologizing for the heys and hi's by blaming it on your friend.
Last edited by JAckieee.chan; 1 month ago
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you happen to see her at uni then blank her. Simple. I'm no mystic meg but I don't think she's 'the one'.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
You will see hundreds of people every day in the corridors and on campus everyday
It's unlikely she will be in your classes or the same hall etc where you would be forced to interact

And it might not feel this way right now but you will likely meet someone far more compatible whilst on campus during the next few years and when you do, you'll be thankful that this girl ignored you

Take it as a learning curve and focus on searching up uni societies etc so you can network and hopefully find the own for you come September!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JAckieee.chan)
just tell her that it was your friend who did all of that messaging.

or you can start a new conversation by apologizing for the heys and hi's by blaming it on your friend.
I could’ve done that 😂 too late now, will sound like it’s fake now. Wish you posted that here straight away aha
cchloepx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
or just move on lol.
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I could’ve done that 😂 too late now, will sound like it’s fake now. Wish you posted that here straight away aha
no worries matee. . There are millions of beautiful women out there. forget about this one. we'll get your next crush. 😎
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cchloepx)
or just move on lol.
Im definitely moving on, that’s not the issue here it’s more the embarrassment of being aired. She’s probably laughing at me right now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads