The Student Room Group

How to choose between Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture or Pyschology

I know these don't all really link but I am struggling to try and decide between them. I know that computer science could be self taught if I really wanted to so I am not fussed about that. But for the others I don't have a favourite or a way to separate them. The main problem is that I am not that fussed about either one. Just looking for some recommendations or more info on the courses themselves to help me. Anything else is also welcome
What would you put as the pros and cons of each?
Original post by Maya.N
I know these don't all really link but I am struggling to try and decide between them. I know that computer science could be self taught if I really wanted to so I am not fussed about that. But for the others I don't have a favourite or a way to separate them. The main problem is that I am not that fussed about either one. Just looking for some recommendations or more info on the courses themselves to help me. Anything else is also welcome

Do you have any thoughts on what you want to do career wise?

Also, I'm not sure if I agree that computer science can be self taught, not any more so than most other degrees.
Original post by Smack
Do you have any thoughts on what you want to do career wise?

Also, I'm not sure if I agree that computer science can be self taught, not any more so than most other degrees.

Career wise I don't have any thoughts (this is the main problem) but like the idea of creating websites, games, houses etc. Psychology was mostly due to an interest in how we think . These are my reasons and how I ended up with these options. Basically, I hope to do something that it hands on or requires some creation
I am not that knowledgeable but that was what I got from the what people said about doing computing as a course, might have misunderstood some stuff though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending