alex495
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am doing biology and chemistry, that is for certain
I understand that art is a lot of work however it is my passion, I enjoy it a lot more than I enjoy maths although maths is meant to be less time consuming I think ?

id love to go into medicine possibly to med School but more likely as a paramedic. would doing art mean unis are less likely to take me and would maths be stronger on the application ?

I am predicted a 9 in both subjects
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alex495)
I understand that art is a lot of work however it is my passion, I enjoy it a lot more than I enjoy maths although maths is meant to be less time consuming I think ?

id love to go into medicine possibly to med School but more likely as a paramedic. would doing art mean unis are less likely to take me and would maths be stronger on the application ?

Continue with Art as a hobby - don't take it at A level ...
actuallystarfish
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm no expert (I'm struggling with my choices too lmao) but if you genuinely love art and dislike Maths then just do Art. I don't know loads about the medical field but I'm pretty sure Biology and Chemistry are enough for your future as a paramedic. And plus, you can do Mathematical Studies (if your school does that) if you really want to continue with maths, which also might help lower your entry grades in med school (I'm not sure if it works like that tho)

However, if you think Maths is cool too, then maybe consider dropping Art because it might take up a lot of your free time, which could impact your mental health, which could impact your grades in Biology and Chemistry.

But, if you really don't know then maybe ask your school if you can do all 4 and drop the one you feel you don't want to do. Just make sure that taking 4 A-Levels wouldn't affect your EPQ/Mathematical Studies if you're planning on doing one of those.

Good luck from a fellow student who also can't decide on their A-Levels
HadiY
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alex495)

do Art, maths a level is complicated. A level art is chill, especially with bio and chemistry which are quite hard.
username54
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Art could provide a break from the intensity of biology and chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads