i really like this girl but we come from a different background

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so basically theres this girl that I really like we talk in person and over text but im always asking myself if i should just give up on trying and move on.
First reason, she comes from a very rich family, modern house, goes on holiday to america and stays in villas, whereas my family are average, my house isnt modern but tidy and average size though the decoration is quite old, I just feel no hope when trying.
Second reason, shes got tons of people snapping her if i snap her i could be delivered for days, not because she is avoiding me only cause she would forget, theres a odd day where we wld text back and forth then next time it wld go str8 back to normal and i would be delivered for days even weeks
In person is fine we get along well but other than that im unsure what to do, is mainly the money and mem having a "not modern house" that is disheartening me.
thanks
wiiparty
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if she's a normal person, she wouldn't look down on you/reject you JUST because you're not as rich as her
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You could find someone on your level and that would make you less insecure.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You could find someone on your level and that would make you less insecure.
thank u for ur suggestion maybe i shld but this crush is all i can think about, i can talk to other girls cause they rlly good freinds but when it comes to relationships this girl is the only one that pops up in my head
TFEU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If she’s someone worth your time, then she would never look down on someone for not having a ‘modern’ house or a rich fam.

Tbh, you might be overestimating the importance of wealth for someone who is already quite wealthy. Some might care, but there are plenty of rich folks who don’t.

However, your insecurity is something you need to work on. Even if you do get into a relationship with her, her lifestyle is likely to be completely different to yours. Best to be mentally prepared.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
If you feel there is no hope because your family homes and income levels contrast so much, that tells you everything that you need to know about your mindset & chances.
There is no point upsetting yourself or wasting anyone else's time.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (17)
7.26%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.96%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (40)
17.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (62)
26.5%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (46)
19.66%

Watched Threads