What kitchenware should you buy for uni and..

Watch
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
... what uni stuff should you buy before you go to uni and what should you buy when you get there
LilacRoses
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on if you're arriving by car or not (and how big your car is) and how many journeys you plan to make. If you are arriving by car then you could bring a couple of plates, mugs, bowls, pans, spatulas, knives and forks etc. but if you are arriving at uni by train I'd recommend popping to a supermarket when you get there or enquire if your student accommodation does packages with crockery and bedding etc. and just take clothes and toiletries. I'd buy all your study supplies (paper, folders, pens etc.) when you are there. Personally, I'd always try and go a few days before you actually start uni so if you need anything before uni starts then you can go out and get it.

When I went to uni the first time, I had to make two journeys to bring all my bedding and clothes, but going for a master's I'm just going to buy bedding and stuff when I get there now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads