How much of Newcastle University can you see?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm thinking of applying to Newcastle and am planning on going on a day out to see the city with my parents as it's not too far and I've never been.

Obviously it's not an open day, so I'm not expecting to go look around everything, but in my city for example, the uni is semi campus based, and the campus is open to the public. The students union building is also open to the public. How is it in Newcastle? What will I be able to see?

Thanks
Wildean99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I've just graduated from Newcastle so might be able to help out a bit. Firstly, I'd say it's a great university and city and I'm sure you'll have a great time there. The university is basically in the city centre, about a 15-20 minute walk from the station. You should easily be able to walk around campus and I think the Student Union building will be open in the daytime so you might be able to see inside of their. If you contact the department that you want to apply for they might be able to meet with you, although I imagine that they will be quite busy at the moment. Even if they can't you could ask if the buildings are open to have a look but given COVID-19 regulations that is probably less likely than usual. I have noticed on campus recently that there have been groups visiting with what I assume are student guides so it could be worth looking into potentially being shown around that way.
Newcastle University Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm thinking of applying to Newcastle and am planning on going on a day out to see the city with my parents as it's not too far and I've never been.

Obviously it's not an open day, so I'm not expecting to go look around everything, but in my city for example, the uni is semi campus based, and the campus is open to the public. The students union building is also open to the public. How is it in Newcastle? What will I be able to see?

Thanks
Hello, Outreach Ambassador here from Newcastle University! As someone has said below quite well, Newcastle is a city-campus University and the general public can walk around our campus! We are also holding campus tours and campus experience days, also have an open day in September (yet to be confirmed whether this will be in person or virtual). You can book onto a campus tour here - https://www.ncl.ac.uk/study/meet/campus-tours/ it will be given by one of our Student Ambassadors.

It's also a great opportunity for you to get a feel of the city and visit the beaches, Jesmond dene and Metrocentre!

I hope you enjoy your visit and if you have any questions, please do ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.65%
I need help researching courses (11)
6.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.82%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.77%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.49%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.81%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.83%

Watched Threads