Earplugs + noise cancelling headphones?

Watch
jaysmitty1986ufc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I live in a block of flats with very thin, creaky, and generally rubbish flooring.

The guy above me isn't particularly noisy, but I often get woken up to the floor creaking and the odd 'bang' when he's moving about in his flat.

I've had similar problems in other places I've lived... I think I'm a pretty light sleeper too which doesn't help.

I find earplugs help but not 100% – I also don't like *complete silence* and prefer to have some constant background noise.

So now I'm thinking of getting some noise cancelling headphones (they seem cheaper than I expected) and just playing white noise on them, while also wearing earplugs underneath. This should drown out any annoying noises but also give me some background noise to fall asleep to.

Anyone else tried this? It wouldn't damage my hearing if I did it every night would it?
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll be fine. I'd get a Bluetooth speaker though, headphones aren't comfortable when lying down in bed.
tierny3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i used airpods (not the pros) in bed and theyre super effective/comfortable
jaysmitty1986ufc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for the tips
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.36%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.73%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.73%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (71)
27.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed