Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to get my lobe's pierced but I'm scared I won't be able to sleep on my side and that it'll really hurt. Can someone re-assure me? Please be honest.
bethlead03
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve had my lobes done and my cartilage - it hardly hurts! It’s like a pinch followed by a burning/sensation of heat but it’s honestly not that bad. I had mine done with a gun at Claire’s which isn’t recommended but I haven’t had a bad experience and they healed well. And as for sleeping on your side, the first few days/nights they may feel a little sore or itchy just as they begin to heal but you can still sleep on your side, just cup your hand under your ear and it shouldn’t cause any irritation that way - I hope this helps you a bit xx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bethlead03)
I’ve had my lobes done and my cartilage - it hardly hurts! It’s like a pinch followed by a burning/sensation of heat but it’s honestly not that bad. I had mine done with a gun at Claire’s which isn’t recommended but I haven’t had a bad experience and they healed well. And as for sleeping on your side, the first few days/nights they may feel a little sore or itchy just as they begin to heal but you can still sleep on your side, just cup your hand under your ear and it shouldn’t cause any irritation that way - I hope this helps you a bit xx
thanks so much
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to get my lobe's pierced but I'm scared I won't be able to sleep on my side and that it'll really hurt. Can someone re-assure me? Please be honest.
Look i've had my ears pierced 3 times and that's because I let the holes close up. It's not scary getting them done whilst for the pain that depends on the person because I am not going to lie to you. The pain level is different for different people. I went with my younger sister and she laughs at pain whilst me I cry. I was 11 and my sister was 7 and I looked like a wuss when I had mine done. Then I got them done again when I was 13 and I didn't think about it too much because I'm known for overthinking things. I laughed at the pain instead but because I ended up having an allergic reaction to the silver I had to take them out just in case then they healed up and I haven't been able to wear earing's since and I'm 15 now. My boyfriend has his ear pierced at the top and in the usual place and he wasn't too bothered about the pain. Pain is different for everyone some people laugh and some people cry but that's the way it is. Just don't overthink it you will be fine and walk in with confidence. PS: don't get them done in Claire's because they don't clean the piercing guns and their material is all fake. Hope this helped
LeafMeAlonee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh it doesnt hurt at all really!
I got my second lobe last year and i didnt even blink, i was surprised, thought it would hurt a bit more but it'll be fine!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
hi you will be fine!! make sure you get them done with a. needle and not a gun. Make sure u also keep the earrings in for 6-8 weeks as they recommend before you change them. if your ears are bothering you when getting to sleep you could put plasters over your piercings while you sleep then gently take them off in the morning. good luck!!
Anonymous #1
hi you will be fine!! make sure you get them done with a. needle and not a gun. Make sure u also keep the earrings in for 6-8 weeks as they recommend before you change them. if your ears are bothering you when getting to sleep you could put plasters over your piercings while you sleep then gently take them off in the morning. good luck!!
(Original post by Justaboutalive)
Oh it doesnt hurt at all really!
I got my second lobe last year and i didnt even blink, i was surprised, thought it would hurt a bit more but it'll be fine!
Look i've had my ears pierced 3 times and that's because I let the holes close up. It's not scary getting them done whilst for the pain that depends on the person because I am not going to lie to you. The pain level is different for different people. I went with my younger sister and she laughs at pain whilst me I cry. I was 11 and my sister was 7 and I looked like a wuss when I had mine done. Then I got them done again when I was 13 and I didn't think about it too much because I'm known for overthinking things. I laughed at the pain instead but because I ended up having an allergic reaction to the silver I had to take them out just in case then they healed up and I haven't been able to wear earing's since and I'm 15 now. My boyfriend has his ear pierced at the top and in the usual place and he wasn't too bothered about the pain. Pain is different for everyone some people laugh and some people cry but that's the way it is. Just don't overthink it you will be fine and walk in with confidence. PS: don't get them done in Claire's because they don't clean the piercing guns and their material is all fake. Hope this helped
thanks sm you're all so sweet
iwriteletters
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I've got my first's and second's done on both ears, and I can assure you it's fine to sleep on! It might not be as unnoticeable as it was before (you can normally sleep on your side without thinking twice), but I had no big or even small problems when I got either done other than not hitting them off your earphones accidentally in the first couple of days when they're most sensitive (which I did once haha, just a little 'ouch' but it only lasted a second). Make sure to keep them clean and use the right solution to clean them, other than that I'd say go for it, it will be completely fine to sleep on also the pain when getting the piercing done was fine and very slight, your lobes will just feel warm for about 10 minutes afterwards. Reply if there's anything else you'd like to know
Anonymous #1
(Original post by iwriteletters)
Hi, I've got my first's and second's done on both ears, and I can assure you it's fine to sleep on! It might not be as unnoticeable as it was before (you can normally sleep on your side without thinking twice), but I had no big or even small problems when I got either done other than not hitting them off your earphones accidentally in the first couple of days when they're most sensitive (which I did once haha, just a little 'ouch' but it only lasted a second). Make sure to keep them clean and use the right solution to clean them, other than that I'd say go for it, it will be completely fine to sleep on also the pain when getting the piercing done was fine and very slight, your lobes will just feel warm for about 10 minutes afterwards. Reply if there's anything else you'd like to know
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
19.05%

Watched Threads