university in person open days

Watch
Tela
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so I was not able to book any university in person open days I am in year 12. Do you think it would still be a good idea to visit the university area to get an idea to how the university would be like?
Or should i just rely on university virtual events.
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would you buy a house without seeing it?
Yes, you need to visit them. Even if you just go on your own time when there’s not an open day
Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tela)
so I was not able to book any university in person open days I am in year 12. Do you think it would still be a good idea to visit the university area to get an idea to how the university would be like?
Hello!

Universities have been able to adapt to provide virtual open days which has been great in the pandemic and for many who cannot visit the campus. We are giving the best experience possible through these open days and the opportunity to virtually tour accommodation and ask lecturers questions really can aid a decision. If you were to attend these and visit the campus, you would definitely be able to get a good idea about the university.

Our university is offering campus tours every day which are one on one with an ambassador. This allows you to ask any questions and really get a feel for the university. This paired with a virtual open day where you can ask the lecturers as many questions as you want can be really effective. I would have a look into if any universities are offering this.

If you are going into year 12 in September then you will still have plenty of time to attend open days and I wouldn't worry yet.
If you have just finished year 12 and are going into year 13 in September then you will still have time to attend open days. The UCAS deadline isn't usually until the January of the year you are going to university and so you have around 4 months to visit the universities you would like to attend.

We are running campus tours at the moment if you would like to come and give us a visit, here is the link: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/under.../campus-tours/. We would be more than happy to have you!

I hope this helps!
Lydia
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi tela12
I highly recommend visiting the universities in person if you can! It’s a great compliment to virtual tours but also allows you to get a feel for the place first hand. I know some universities including Lancaster are hoping to start open days again in Autumn so I recommend you go if you can and when your at these universities make sure you ask yourself is this somewhere I would happy learning and studying? Is this somewhere I would happy Living? Would I be happy here? These sort of questions help you decide what university is right for you!
Good look with your decisions and enjoy visiting the universities!
Lancaster university student ambassador Holly
University of Kent Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tela)
Hello! I am a current student rep for the University of Kent!
I would definitely say yes to visiting campus before deciding on where you would like to go! it especially helped me in deciding where I want to go and what felt like home!
If kent is somewhere you are considering, you can book a campus tour by following this link- https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit
Good luck with your decision! Wishing you all the best.
- Dale
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
19.05%

Watched Threads