The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

University of Salford accommodation

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone is staying in the John Lester and Eddie Colman accommodation as I plan on staying here and really nervous that I won’t meet anyone. Salford is also a new area for me so I’m nervous about that
Original post by chloebo2460
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone is staying in the John Lester and Eddie Colman accommodation as I plan on staying here and really nervous that I won’t meet anyone. Salford is also a new area for me so I’m nervous about that

Hi @chloebo2460,

Going to university is a really nerve racking experience so don't worry you are not alone there. Just remember everyone is in the same boat and it ends up being quite easy to make friends once you are there. I moved to Salford not knowing anyone, which is quite common, so don't ever feel like you are alone.

I would recommend joining the Facebook chats if you have social media as that is a great way to meet people at the uni, on your course and in your accommodation. That's probably the best way to meet people before starting at university. Also once you are there try to join societies and just get stuck in and you'll find it very easy to meet new people and make friends.

Good luck and try not to worry!

Holly - Student Ambassador :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest