Sleep time

Watch
Sean1213
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello
I am currently in 10th grade in a boarding school. Many say that 8 hours of sleep is enough and should support me throughout the day. Therefore, I go to bed at 11 pm and wake up usually during 7-7:10 am. However, I still feel sleepy during sometimes especially in the afternoon. Are there other advices as to how to solve this issue? Because this mood negatively impacts my performance and attention during the classes.
yannaxue
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sean1213)
Hello
I am currently in 10th grade in a boarding school. Many say that 8 hours of sleep is enough and should support me throughout the day. Therefore, I go to bed at 11 pm and wake up usually during 7-7:10 am. However, I still feel sleepy during sometimes especially in the afternoon. Are there other advices as to how to solve this issue? Because this mood negatively impacts my performance and attention during the classes.
try going bed at 9 or 10pm if this is possible for you, and stay off the phone or limit time on it ( i know this is hard as i struggle with a bad phone addiction which disrupts my sleep! ) do you find it hard to go to sleep or can you stay asleep all night and not wake up ?
Sean1213
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by yannaxue)
try going bed at 9 or 10pm if this is possible for you, and stay off the phone or limit time on it ( i know this is hard as i struggle with a bad phone addiction which disrupts my sleep! ) do you find it hard to go to sleep or can you stay asleep all night and not wake up ?
It is possible for me to try to sleep at around 10:45, I know that's not ideal, but I do need to shower and pack my bag after I am done with my homework. For me, most of the time I like to think about stuff on the bed which made it hard to sleep, it usually take like 20 minutes or more to try to sleep. I do sometimes use my phone on the bed when the lights are off. I think I definitively need to fix that.
yannaxue
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sean1213)
It is possible for me to try to sleep at around 10:45, I know that's not ideal, but I do need to shower and pack my bag after I am done with my homework. For me, most of the time I like to think about stuff on the bed which made it hard to sleep, it usually take like 20 minutes or more to try to sleep. I do sometimes use my phone on the bed when the lights are off. I think I definitively need to fix that.
sorry for the late reply! try it out, when you go on your phone at night try to keep a light on, tbh im also like you and trying very hard to fix it haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.23%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
12.9%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (9)
14.52%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
11.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
40.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
17.74%

Watched Threads