The Student Room Group

Should I take them back?

So I brought a pair of converse style trainers from tu sainsburys a few months ago. I wear them twice a day to walk the dog but they've already got a hole in the soles of them. They cost me around £12 which I know is not very expensive but I think that they should last longer than that. So should I take them back and tell them and show them the shoes? I haven't got the receipt anymore but do you think that they'll give me a refund or replacement??
Reply 1
I mean what do you expect from buying a shoe for £12. Most of the time low price means low quality
28 day return policies (for brick and mortar shops) are for goods that aren't faulty but you change your mind about wanting anyway... if you return the goods in the packaging and in a suitable condition to be sold on to someone else - which is why you can't take back things like underwear under the 28 day return policy. if the undies were faulty and only had one leg hole or something you're still OK to take them back cos the fault means they wouldn't be suitable for resale anyway.

Gets arguable for items like shoes that are subject to a lot of wear and tear in normal use... and you haven't got proof when you bought them or where you bought them from... shops wouldn't stay in business long if they had to replace something you might have bought on amazon after you've worn it out.
What I learnt recently is that cheap things don't last. I bought this hairdryer and earpods that equaled to £22 and they were rubbish. Expensive things last

Quick Reply

Latest