ArtaMSol
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone

I have received my unconditional offer to study Msc Marketing at Glasgow Caledonian University on 16th June 2021.
I paid my 3500 pounds deposit to Glasgow Caledonian University on 22nd June 2021. But haven't gotten my CAS letter yet! Nor has my student portal been updated..!! I feel so frustrated and devastated...
I've emailed and called them multiple times. They don't even explain what is going on. Just say " it takes some time" and bye!
it's been 40 days and they did not give me any updates whatsoever. It makes me so sad and mad that they don't even acknowledge me..

I need CAS to apply for my visa. My course starts on 21nd sept 2021. So right now i'm under immense stress because i think i might not be able to get my visa in time to be there when my course starts..

Anyone had any similar experience? ( I'm not even sure i want to study at this university any more given how they have been treating me.. )
tara_24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heyy
Same here ! I have an offer from UCL and I accepted my unconditional offer on 19th June 2021. They started issuing CAS from 28th June 2021 and I still haven’t received mine.

They told me that they have too many students to process so it will take time 😩

I’m super stressed too as I want to reach UK by the first week of September, complete my quarantine and have a week to set up before the course starts on 27th September 2021.

I’m not sure that’s going to happen now. Really wish they worked faster. Unfortunately, all we can do right now is just wait. 😕
sgman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same here, going to Bristol. I wonder if it’s an issue specific to this year (after a year of wfh) or this happens every year? They seem to be cutting it extremely close.
Mayhee54
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It seems like this is happening to lots of students at lots of universities. It’s super frustrating and stressful. I’ve got my CAS, but I’m still waiting on my financial aid letter before I apply for my visa, and it’s been 8 weeks since I turned in my application. Daily emails to the specific department and asking the US liaison person at my uni to help me get in touch have finally led to an email from the financial aid team, but it doesn’t really help that I’m still having to wait two more weeks for a letter before having to pay for a priority visa despite turning in my application on the day they opened. Ugh. Students are supposed to be present on September 13th, and I’m still really hoping I can make it. 🤞 I don’t know if this is a unique problem this year, but I really wish communication was more professional and that unis plan to better meet student needs next year.
erentheaviator
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cranfield sent me the CAS in 7 weeks. They even reply to emails in around one week. All you can do is regularly following up with them.
radadiya bhavin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dear..... send me your mobile number
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (18)
16.51%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.34%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.5%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
38.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (26)
23.85%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.83%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads