kupian
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all, I'm going into Year 13 and I was just wondering if there was anyone here who works in pentesting / ethical hacking and could give me some tips on the different routes to get into the field. I'm applying to study Computer Science at university and I've been watching some youtube videos on the CCNA which I find very interesting. Is network engineering a solid stepping stone to pentesting? If so, is it worth studying for and taking the exam this year, or waiting until after uni? Thanks
LearningPeople
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey kupian a lot of our students go from Networking into PenTesting, so this is certainly a viable route.

I may be biased here but professional certifications are an excellent stamp of approval on your CV and showcase to employers that you have a certain level of knowledge needed to do the job.

In terms of studying the CCNA whilst doing your degree, that's up to you and your timetable. It could give you a good head start once you've graduated but I'd also recommend making the most out of university and enjoying every bit of it

Good luck! Jenny at Learning People
kupian
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by LearningPeople)
Hey kupian a lot of our students go from Networking into PenTesting, so this is certainly a viable route.

I may be biased here but professional certifications are an excellent stamp of approval on your CV and showcase to employers that you have a certain level of knowledge needed to do the job.

In terms of studying the CCNA whilst doing your degree, that's up to you and your timetable. It could give you a good head start once you've graduated but I'd also recommend making the most out of university and enjoying every bit of it

Good luck! Jenny at Learning People
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.04%
I need help researching courses (9)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.97%
I need help with my personal statement (68)
42.24%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
24.22%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
8.07%

Watched Threads