Little pecker
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When I say leave I don’t mean to Industry change, I want to leave Consulting and change all altogether.

How hard is it to get a revenue generating or decent role that’s more BAU/non change?

Backround is big4 MC (ops tranfo) in financial services (mostly cap markets). Tbh ideally I want to leave financial services completely I’m sick of it. But no idea how, everyone just says ‘don’t have the industry experience’ or ‘you’ve not done xyz before’ outside of consulting.
Little pecker
Rep:
?
Please hep
leviticus.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Little pecker)
Please hep
i can't help but i find this update hilarious lmao. hope it gets sorted g
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
would recommend looking into startups and latering out into areas of business that you are interested - if that's your core focus, will give you a degree of internal flexibility for the most part
Little pecker
Rep:
?
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
would recommend looking into startups and latering out into areas of business that you are interested - if that's your core focus, will give you a degree of internal flexibility for the most part
A few colleagues have gone into startups and gone into strategy or operations unit, some sales etc.

Is this not possible outside of startups? I say because I'm genuinely fearful of startups and the potential for job loss.

Also do you know if Startups pay better?
Last edited by Little pecker; 1 month ago
username1240252
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I say leave I don’t mean to Industry change, I want to leave Consulting and change all altogether.

How hard is it to get a revenue generating or decent role that’s more BAU/non change?

Backround is big4 MC (ops tranfo) in financial services (mostly cap markets). Tbh ideally I want to leave financial services completely I’m sick of it. But no idea how, everyone just says ‘don’t have the industry experience’ or ‘you’ve not done xyz before’ outside of consulting.
Revenue generating = I am thinking of Sales role at a technology solutions firm

BAU / Non Change = How about a Compliance related role at a bank?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A few colleagues have gone into startups and gone into strategy or operations unit, some sales etc.

Is this not possible outside of startups? I say because I'm genuinely fearful of startups and the potential for job loss.

Also do you know if Startups pay better?
yeah higher potential of job loss for sure but i mean no risk, no reward. depends on your apetite

it's probably harder in bigger firms due to more red tape, and structured ways of operating.

probably not better on average, but you trade that for lifestyle / flexibility
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads