Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically last 2 weeks ago my friends brother came to my house unannounced and I did get a bit annoyed but he is younger than me and wanted to play with my cousin however it really pissed me off since my friend didn't even tell me her brother was coming over! He even went into my shed to get something to play with completely invading our privacy I found it very annoying since my aunt and uncle were working since it was a working day and he was making so much noise and a big mess! soon he left thank god!

Then I messaged my friend saying next time could she or her family if they wanted to come over she should message us or call us before coming since weekdays and weekends were busy! Then she got mad that I was being rude and mean to her!

She is still mad at me and acting like a ***** and can't get over it, So I told her that she's overreacting because she yells at me and gets angry at me when I say stuff or do stuff she doesn't like but I WAS extremely polite to her and I never even was mean as she was to me, now she can't even bear the way I treat her!

She said that she would never come to my house again which I really don't care about because every time she comes around she is always on her phone talking to her stupid boyfriend or other friends!

Should I end my friendship with her, because I think it's time I do please give me your opinion I would much appreciate it at this moment!
Elize W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like you did the right thing. End the friendship? Idk but defienetly dont say sorry for anything you did and maintain your boundries. If they are to be in your house ever again they need to earn it by respecting your boundries.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Elize W)
Sounds like you did the right thing. End the friendship? Idk but defienetly dont say sorry for anything you did and maintain your boundries. If they are to be in your house ever again they need to earn it by respecting your boundries.
Thank you so much for your advice! And I told one of my other friends I'll give her one more chance but I don't think she deserves it really :/ idk why she is still so mad at me like I did something wrong honestly I don't think this friendship will last I think I should maintain my boundaries and slowly let this friendship go and honestly because it's starting to effect how I treat people around me and my mental health
Elize W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for your advice! And I told one of my other friends I'll give her one more chance but I don't think she deserves it really :/ idk why she is still so mad at me like I did something wrong honestly I don't think this friendship will last I think I should maintain my boundaries and slowly let this friendship go and honestly because it's starting to effect how I treat people around me and my mental health
We as people are wired to twist the situations in our perception as to not destroy our self perception. If accpeting what you said would cause her to think that way she instead could shift the situation on you to not feel horrible about herself. This is all done subconciously btw so it is not some toxic mechanic only your friend has. We all have it but it is less visable and obviously we try to avoid such situations. The easiest way to avoid triggering it in someone else is to form criticizm in a way that doesnt hurt another person if accepted (still a hard thing to do a lot of the times). Avoiding doing it ourselfs is horribly hard to do so keep that in mind when judging someone who does it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads