Am I going to lose my house?

Watch
HotaruWalkthr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I'm 18 years old and I just lost my job, wasn't a well-paid one but still good enough for living. But I don't have a job right now, I got many other problems on my mind to deal with as well. I can't pay my rent second time, and the owner is in equally bad situation with money. If I lose my house, I have nowhere to go. I have no friends at school, no family, NO ONE! He is pretty eager to kick me out, I am really clueless at to what to do
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HotaruWalkthr)
Hi. I'm 18 years old and I just lost my job, wasn't a well-paid one but still good enough for living. But I don't have a job right now, I got many other problems on my mind to deal with as well. I can't pay my rent second time, and the owner is in equally bad situation with money. If I lose my house, I have nowhere to go. I have no friends at school, no family, NO ONE! He is pretty eager to kick me out, I am really clueless at to what to do
You should have a family. I doubt you don't have anyone at all. If not, then you are probably the responsibility of the council and should reach out to them.
HotaruWalkthr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
You should have a family. I doubt you don't have anyone at all. If not, then you are probably the responsibility of the council and should reac
The only members of my family are the ones I don't know. They live SOMEWHERE I don't know where. My parents and I didn't really love each other so we said our goodbyes and broke contact. I don't know where they are, they don't know where I am.
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HotaruWalkthr)
The only members of my family are the ones I don't know. They live SOMEWHERE I don't know where. My parents and I didn't really love each other so we said our goodbyes and broke contact. I don't know where they are, they don't know where I am.
Reach out to the police or council to help you find or reconnect with your parents.

To your question, if you don't pay the rent, you could get kicked out.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll probably have to reach out to your local council and see what support is available for someone in your situation.
BeccaH3112
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't just get kicked out, there is a whole eviction process, that takes (at the moment) about 18 months. Put in writing to your landlord or agent your circumstances and try to find another job ASAP so you can at least pay something towards the rent, then suggest a payment plan to pay back the back log. In the meantime contact the council to find out if you are eligible for universal credits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads