Niapo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For paper 1 (part a) 9093 what is the word limit because at times it's difficult to write 600-900 words
Abilash K
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have a word limit for question 1 a) which is 150 to 200 words. For part b), I do not stick to a word limit but rather analyse it keeping only the time constraint in mind. I have a rough idea of how many points I can deal with in the allotted time and I go for that regardless of the word limit. Of course, the analysis of question 1 b) will not go into the same depth nor the same length as question 2.
So just time yourself and have a rough idea about how much you can achieve within the timeframe. That is mostly what the word limit is for. I was always taught that going too far over the word limit was self penalising as one could not create a text exceeding the word limit and still maintain a proper quality in it due to the time constraints.
Niapo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Abilash K)
You have a word limit for question 1 a) which is 150 to 200 words. For part b), I do not stick to a word limit but rather analyse it keeping only the time constraint in mind. I have a rough idea of how many points I can deal with in the allotted time and I go for that regardless of the word limit. Of course, the analysis of question 1 b) will not go into the same depth nor the same length as question 2.
So just time yourself and have a rough idea about how much you can achieve within the timeframe. That is mostly what the word limit is for. I was always taught that going too far over the word limit was self penalising as one could not create a text exceeding the word limit and still maintain a proper quality in it due to the time constraints.
Thank you so much, could also please tell me the word limit for the report in paper 2, writing for the audience.
Abilash K
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Niapo)
Thank you so much, could also please tell me the word limit for the report in paper 2, writing for the audience.
There's a limit of 400 words. All of these are given in the paper, so if you have not looked at past papers yet, I suggest you start doing so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads