The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
I'm worried with these rejections, because I think my travesty of an exam diet last year will harm my chances severely.

If I can make it to the 15th I'll breath a little easier.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 341
If I remember correctly there was an almost equal amount of offers as there was rejections at this time so it's not all bad news. Once the 15th arrives more and more people will know the outcome but as I said before St Andrews gives offers (and rejections) out right up to the 31st of March.
I've just found out I got rejected for IR :frown: Oh well, I never wanted to go there anyway :biggrin: (not true, but I always wanted to say this after being rejected...lol)
Reply 343
marcelbandur
I've just found out I got rejected for IR :frown: Oh well, I never wanted to go there anyway :biggrin: (not true, but I always wanted to say this after being rejected...lol)

:frown: Good luck with the rest of your choices!

I'm starting to think that the longer I don't hear from St Andrews the better ....
Reply 344
Rejected last night for French and ab-initio Spanish. :frown: :frown:
Reply 345
Daffff
Rejected last night for French and ab-initio Spanish. :frown: :frown:

:frown: Seriously, what is with all the modern languages applicants getting rejected all of a sudden?!

Where else have you applied?
Reply 346
Someone here has a Chem offer, and i have seen offers for maths and physics as well.
Mostly languages and Sciences are being given out at the moment, haven't seen or heard of much else (may be wrong but it seems to be the current trend).
Reply 348
It all depends on the department.

For example, I got a letter from the School of Computer Science on Christmas Eve inviting me up there at the end of January (which is an annoying time, since my friends up there will be home at the time, so I can't crash with them :P )
Reply 349
marcelbandur

:santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:...and how did you find out? did they send you an email or normal letter or what?
I've applied for IR and Social Anthropology...fingers crossed :smile:
Well today I was turned down by Cambridge and am left with only St.Andrew's... Hopefully they give me good news.
Reply 352
Mate, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I will hope for the best with your St. Andrews app.
Otherwise, can you imagine doing a gap year?
BillyMarsh
Well today I was turned down by Cambridge and am left with only St.Andrew's... Hopefully they give me good news.

I really hope you are successful
anyone hear about history or ir offers/rejections? I'm getting really anxious as st. andrew's is a big option for me and i can almost feel that LSE rejection coming
Reply 355
Don't expect to hear from IR till like feburary-march apparently, no idea about history though :P

Haha, i'm now at the point where I really don't want to hear from them but I really really do :smile:

I'll g back to revision now D:
Reply 356
History is the same, late Feb to March...
Reply 357
Still waiting for Chemistry. Bleh.
Just got am email today from admissions because i'm going up for an open day in a few weeks and was confirming my position....

"we are delighted that you have applied to study here, and you should shortly receive a formal response to your application through the UCAS system. It is our intention that this response will be positive."

not 100% sure but it sounds reasonably good.... however "our intention" is a bit obscure, I mean ARGHHHHH!!!!
DeadChicken
Just got am email today from admissions because i'm going up for an open day in a few weeks and was confirming my position....

"we are delighted that you have applied to study here, and you should shortly receive a formal response to your application through the UCAS system. It is our intention that this response will be positive."

not 100% sure but it sounds reasonably good.... however "our intention" is a bit obscure, I mean ARGHHHHH!!!!

Not 100% sure?!?! Oh come on, that sounds pretty good to me! :biggrin:
*grumble*Much less obscure than UCL's "we hope you will make us your firm choice" */grumble*

Latest

Trending

Trending