The Student Room Logo
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
This thread is closed

St. Andrews Applicants 2009 (deferred 2010)

Scroll to see replies

shortcake_x
no i sat my highers last june, sitting adv highers this year
so confused lol! :confused:

Well then it'll be conditional on the results of your advanced highers?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Bella_trixxx
Well then it'll be conditional on the results of your advanced highers?

but i've already surpassed the entry requirements..
Reply 742
shortcake_x
no i sat my highers last june, sitting adv highers this year
so confused lol! :confused:

i dont blame you. the fact that your sitting advanced higher this year could of confused them. they could be thinking its like our system AS then A2.
i think the best thing to do would be to call up the uni/admissions office and talk to them, double check their offer. :smile:
Reply 743
shortcake_x

It isn't an explicit policy of St Andrews to give unconditionals when the entry requirements are reached and the applicant still has examinations to sit.

What are the conditions, if you don't mind my asking?
Oogamy
It isn't an explicit policy of St Andrews to give unconditionals when the entry requirements are reached and the applicant still has examinations to sit.

What are the conditions, if you don't mind my asking?

they are AAAB in highers, with maths and physics at A
shortcake_x

E-mail them for clarification. Well done on getting in though :biggrin: Same to you fisherman and paul!

And yeah, I laughed when i read "elite group"
Reply 746
shortcake_x

Did you apply for direct 2nd year entry or first year entry?
Reply 747
shortcake_x

I meant the conditions of your offer. :smile:
shortcake_x

The entry requirements are exactly what they say they are in your offer. The grades stated on the website are the minimum offer they typically make - if anything, you should consider yourself lucky since an offer with advanced highers implies that were you not doing them you might not have been accepted.
Oogamy
I meant the conditions of your offer. :smile:

oh sorry lol xD
It doesn't say..it just says "I am pleased to tell you that we will be making you a conditional offer to study physics.." and then goes on to say the same email as everyone else.
Track hasn't updated it yet so i don't know what the conditions are
Meteorshower
E-mail them for clarification. Well done on getting in though :biggrin: Same to you fisherman and paul!

And yeah, I laughed when i read "elite group"

yeah i'm gonna phone the guy tomorow

lol at the "elite group" also :rolleyes:

Oxy
Did you apply for direct 2nd year entry or first year entry?

yeah i thought that too, but i just applied for 1st year entry.
If you email for feedback do you contact the head of department or the admissions officer :s-smilie:?
shortcake_x
yeah i'm gonna phone the guy tomorow

lol at the "elite group" also :rolleyes:

yeah i thought that too, but i just applied for 1st year entry.

He just said he'd be making me an offer, but i'm applying for 2nd year. They maybe got mixed up a little. It sounded more like he was just telling the people who were getting offers as quickly as he could while they haven't finalized everything and haven't sorted the details yet.
Bassmonkey
If you email for feedback do you contact the head of department or the admissions officer :s-smilie:?

I would e-mail the admissions officer.
Reply 754
Sounds like an admin problem, it should be an unconditional. E-mail as Shower said
Reply 755
this may be a stupid question, but if you hear now from st andrews, is there more of a chance of being rejected than hearing in say, march?
Reply 756
lia_s
this may be a stupid question, but if you hear now from st andrews, is there more of a chance of being rejected than hearing in say, march?

I shouldn't think so. Different departments reply at different times (depending on the number of applications they recieve). At the end of the day, it's down to the department

shortcake_x

Right, there's been a huge number of people moaning about this.

Grades are not everything. In fact, your personal statement is probably worth more than your grades. There are plenty of people with 4 straight A's at A-level who have been rejected for various unis and various courses.

Just because you meet (or exceed) the entry requirements does not mean you will get an offer. See above.

When you are made an offer, the conditions do not have to be equal to their published entry requirement. The entry requirement is what you generally need. Universities can raise or lower the conditions for your offer on an individual basis. I've seen people need AAA for a course with an entry requirement of ABB, and I've also seen lower. In fact, I've seen one person with an offer of EE for a place at Cambridge..
Reply 757
AHHHHHHHHHHHH i just got a letter from st. A's saying they are going to make me an offer WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO finally its come :smile:

hehe sorry :biggrin:
Reply 758
Oxy
AHHHHHHHHHHHH i just got a letter from st. A's saying they are going to make me an offer WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO finally its come :smile:

hehe sorry :biggrin:

But.. I want an offer.
Reply 759
Oogamy
But.. I want an offer.

Me too :frown:

Latest

Latest