Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/7682771.stm

It's horrible I don't understand how parents could do that to their own baby. How is that unconditional love? I don't think it can exist in this case, unconditional love...
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

ReputationRep:
    chavs and scum should never be allowed to have children

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just saw this on BBC

Absolutely disgusting...

ReputationRep:
    Pure scum The story made me feel a bit sick inside

ReputationRep:
    Mm yeah I saw this a while ago...

I don't understand how ANYONE could do that to a baby, regardless of whether you're its parents or not. It's disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's horrifying. I want to cry at that. How could someone do that to their own baby daughter? And the mother, allowing it. Makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    That's horrifying. I want to cry at that. How could someone do that to their own baby daughter? And the mother, allowing it. Makes me sick.
    My reaction completely. Parents are meant to love their children unconditionally, so obviously that doesn't apply in some cases

that man seriously looks like a murderer :eek: man, what has the world come to?

ReputationRep:
    The baby looked so cute in that pic.

ReputationRep:
    That is discusting, why would you want to do that to your own daughter!

ReputationRep:
    I heard that not long ago. Was awful to hear and I still don't get how anyone can murder anyone, let alone babies, toddlers and children. Horrible and incomprehensible.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The man looks pretty evil himself. Poor kid. I know this sounds horrible but if she was going to have parents like that maybe it's better than she's not with them any more. Malnourished and abused is no way to live your life at that age. It's a shame the child wasn't taken away - she could've been with a family who loved her :mad:

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible!
    They're obviously suffering from mental illness of some kind to be able to do that...that's the only way i could ever possibly ever even try and work out how someone could do that!

ReputationRep:
    What gets me is the fact that the woman was pregnant with another baby at the time of Amy's death - WHAT THE H**L IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??

ReputationRep:
    did social services not get involved at all?

the father was a druggie and the child had numerous fractures, did she never get admitted to hospital? did they never ask questions?

its sick. i agree OP, i thought a parents love was meant to be unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    i read that in the paper a while ago and nearly started crying in the middle of my college library... it really affected me. it's just awful... god rest the little baby.

ReputationRep:
    There needs to be someting seriously done to the system of help in this country that is mean to protect children and babies, and ensure that these things are not allowed to get this far.

social services are completely ineffective and none of them even give a **** about the kids they are paid to look out for.

there have been so many cases like this, and worse, and some that go on for years and years, with social services having been called out numerous times - the parents say that the kids ok and has just had a fall or some such lie, and social services say 'okie dokies' and bugger off.

these people are on the parents side if anything. most of them have kids of their own and for some reason can't accept that any parents might not be caring/loving and protecting their children, even though they are the ones who get to witness the pain and suffering first hand.

it's a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    chavs and scum should never be allowed to have children
    Not bothered about having kids then?

ReputationRep:
    They forfeited the right to be called her mother and father a long time ago. Perhaps someone should break his back, let him know how it feels.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.