Rubaed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which University will be the best for computer science engineering?
cvgk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rubaed)
what do you want to do? Do you have a degree or not?type your situation..
Rubaed
Rep:
?
(Original post by cvgk)
what do you want to do? Do you have a degree or not?type your situation..
i want to know which university is better for studying undergraduate in cse? ... i want to study undergraduate in computer science engineering....
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i want to know which university is better for studying undergraduate in cse? ... i want to study undergraduate in computer science engineering....
In which country? What is your educational background? There are a lot of variables to consider to give any realistic advice. Otherwise we can probably just say "MIT" and be done with it, which may not be all that helpful. Bear in mind most users of this site are either currently studying in the UK or planning to study in the UK, so answers will likely be oriented towards unis in the UK and in the context of those with UK qualifications.
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Computer Science Engineering is generally a term used in other parts of the world not the UK. You can find degrees here in Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering and Computer Systems Engineering.

The best universities in terms of employability would be Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial but it then comes to whether you have the required grades to get in there.
Rubaed
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
In which country? What is your educational background? There are a lot of variables to consider to give any realistic advice. Otherwise we can probably just say "MIT" and be done with it, which may not be all that helpful. Bear in mind most users of this site are either currently studying in the UK or planning to study in the UK, so answers will likely be oriented towards unis in the UK and in the context of those with UK qualifications.
are you guys advice University just in uk? likely i want to study in those type of country where living is not that much costly... cause there is a matter o financial also... currently i complete my higher education... now i am an admission seeker for undergraduate....my Secondary & higher secondary results both are 5.00 mean A+.... so is there any opportunities for me to apply for a scholarship in such university where computer science engineering will be better... please let me know😊
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you guys advice University just in uk? likely i want to study in those type of country where living is not that much costly... cause there is a matter o financial also... currently i complete my higher education... now i am an admission seeker for undergraduate....my Secondary & higher secondary results both are 5.00 mean A+.... so is there any opportunities for me to apply for a scholarship in such university where computer science engineering will be better... please let me know😊
There is an international study forum here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116 where you might find people more familiar with educational systems outside of the UK. But most posters on this site in general are focused on UK unis so advice outside of the UK may be more limited.

Within the UK I would note that there are very few scholarships available at undergraduate level for international students; the ones that are will usually be specific to individual universities and may be for students from particular countries or backgrounds. You would need to investigate these on a per uni basis really - there aren't any national scholarship programmes or the like I am aware of for international students (or domestic students, for that matter...).

As noted above computer science and engineering tends to be more of a term used abroad. In the UK the computer engineering side of things tends to be covered in information engineering/electronic engineering courses and a few courses in computer systems engineering, while the computer science side of things tends to be covered in courses in computer science, software engineering, and informatics. They tend to not be as commonly found overlapping in that same way - the closest options would probably be joint honours courses in computer science and electronic/information engineering.

The "best" CS departments are usually considered to include Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College London, Edinburgh, and Warwick. Other notable departments that may be worth considering include UCL, Glasgow and Southampton, I believe. There may of course be further strong courses but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. So they might be a good starting point to explore scholarship options with potentially (although outside of Oxford and Cambridge I think there are very limited opportunities).
Rubaed
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
There is an international study forum here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116 where you might find people more familiar with educational systems outside of the UK. But most posters on this site in general are focused on UK unis so advice outside of the UK may be more limited.

Within the UK I would note that there are very few scholarships available at undergraduate level for international students; the ones that are will usually be specific to individual universities and may be for students from particular countries or backgrounds. You would need to investigate these on a per uni basis really - there aren't any national scholarship programmes or the like I am aware of for international students (or domestic students, for that matter...).

As noted above computer science and engineering tends to be more of a term used abroad. In the UK the computer engineering side of things tends to be covered in information engineering/electronic engineering courses and a few courses in computer systems engineering, while the computer science side of things tends to be covered in courses in computer science, software engineering, and informatics. They tend to not be as commonly found overlapping in that same way - the closest options would probably be joint honours courses in computer science and electronic/information engineering.

The "best" CS departments are usually considered to include Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College London, Edinburgh, and Warwick. Other notable departments that may be worth considering include UCL, Glasgow and Southampton, I believe. There may of course be further strong courses but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. So they might be a good starting point to explore scholarship options with potentially (although outside of Oxford and Cambridge I think there are very limited opportunities).
Thanks a lot... further this information will help me❤️
Last edited by Rubaed; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads