The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications for January 2022

I'm starting an MSc Dietetics (pre-registration) course at SHU in January 2022. I'm aware that I'll be applying for undergraduate funding, however, does anyone know when I can start applying? I rang SFE a few weeks ago and they said November but the gent on the phone didn't really seem to know what was going on.

Also, I am planning to self-fund my living costs for the course but was told I had to apply for the maintenance loan. I don't really want a maintenance loan as I'll have to start paying interest off straight away and I should have enough money to get through the 2 years without it. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?
Original post by mooremy04
I'm starting an MSc Dietetics (pre-registration) course at SHU in January 2022. I'm aware that I'll be applying for undergraduate funding, however, does anyone know when I can start applying? I rang SFE a few weeks ago and they said November but the gent on the phone didn't really seem to know what was going on.

Also, I am planning to self-fund my living costs for the course but was told I had to apply for the maintenance loan. I don't really want a maintenance loan as I'll have to start paying interest off straight away and I should have enough money to get through the 2 years without it. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

Undergrad apps are available now, you should be able to apply right away. If you dont want to apply for maintenance, you just dont select it on the app.
Reply 2
Original post by Shirohige
Undergrad apps are available now, you should be able to apply right away. If you dont want to apply for maintenance, you just dont select it on the app.

Yes, I applied yesterday and it was relatively straight forward.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending