Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do teens living in America enjoy their life more coz on YouTube I see them teens having fun with friends. They are in relationship. They can go out in their parents car . And here I am with no friends .(that's my fault ) .My question is that please clear the cloud of confusion . Also i'm not stereotyping. I just want to know . That almost every teen there drives car and go out. I'm sorry if this question offended you . But I have never been to abroad . And youtube is not even 1 percent of truth of that place . Please tell me about teens living there . Are they not worried about studies ?
Rufus The Red
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some do, some don't, and I'd assume it's similar to the UK in terms of distribution: Youtube is not representative of that distribution.
catchrylie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
American teen girl, here! Some of what you see on youtube is definitely true. We do have fun with friends. I was just out last night having fun with some friends at a local carnival riding rides, playing the hokey games, and eating some greasy carnival food. I had a boyfriend up until a few months ago when I caught him boffing one of the cheerleaders in a bedroom at an after prom party. So we do have relationships and hookups.Our parents do let us drive their cars and some parents are cool enough to let us get our own cars (I have my own car, a 2012 Kia Sportage). But you don't see our stresses and our miseries. We go through bouts of depression, fights with our parents, not having friends aside from the handful of a few friends made in our primary school years.

You ask about our studies. We do worry about our studies. We want to get into a great school and have a great career. We just seem like love having fun more than we worry about other priorites and I think sometimes our parents love to nag and annoy us although they mean well.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by catchrylie)
American teen girl, here! Some of what you see on youtube is definitely true. We do have fun with friends. I was just out last night having fun with some friends at a local carnival riding rides, playing the hokey games, and eating some greasy carnival food. I had a boyfriend up until a few months ago when I caught him boffing one of the cheerleaders in a bedroom at an after prom party. So we do have relationships and hookups.Our parents do let us drive their cars and some parents are cool enough to let us get our own cars (I have my own car, a 2012 Kia Sportage). But you don't see our stresses and our miseries. We go through bouts of depression, fights with our parents, not having friends aside from the handful of a few friends made in our primary school years.

You ask about our studies. We do worry about our studies. We want to get into a great school and have a great career. We just seem like love having fun more than we worry about other priorites and I think sometimes our parents love to nag and annoy us although they mean well.
Indian teen girl here . I'm sorry if I said something that offended you . But the thing is that I have no one to talk to . I just see people having fun so I thought that oh maybe that's the truth . You have career options there . People respect jobs . Here it's that if you don't get good marks and good job then you are a waste . I don't mean to annoy or waste your time . I'm just curious to know the truth
catchrylie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Indian teen girl here . I'm sorry if I said something that offended you . But the thing is that I have no one to talk to . I just see people having fun so I thought that oh maybe that's the truth . You have career options there . People respect jobs . Here it's that if you don't get good marks and good job then you are a waste . I don't mean to annoy or waste your time . I'm just curious to know the truth
I'm not offended by the question. I'm actually kinda curious about Indian culture, myself. I know no one from India but have heard some things like your parents being really strict, you have ceremonies when you first get your period (I wish we had something like that in America where all we got was a heating pad, some chocolate, some midol, menstrual pads, and a talk), a ceremony where you got your nose pierced (I had to bug and bug my mom for the piercings I have now aside from the two sets of holes in my earlobes), and wore beautiful sarees (I'd love to try wearing one. looks like it'd be cool). When you are a teen in high school, you are very limited in your job options since you have limited work experience and can only work a handful of hours. I started out working as a hostess and did that for about 8 months and now I work the till at a local grocery store. I'm just now starting to move out of my parents' house into an apartment with friends as I'm about to start nursing school. You are somewhat limited in jobs by your grades but it limits the schools you can get into here. I know adults that don't have the greatest of education and they make decent money here in the States. It depends on how much of a worker you are and how well you impress your bosses.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by catchrylie)
I'm not offended by the question. I'm actually kinda curious about Indian culture, myself. I know no one from India but have heard some things like your parents being really strict, you have ceremonies when you first get your period (I wish we had something like that in America where all we got was a heating pad, some chocolate, some midol, menstrual pads, and a talk), a ceremony where you got your nose pierced (I had to bug and bug my mom for the piercings I have now aside from the two sets of holes in my earlobes), and wore beautiful sarees (I'd love to try wearing one. looks like it'd be cool). When you are a teen in high school, you are very limited in your job options since you have limited work experience and can only work a handful of hours. I started out working as a hostess and did that for about 8 months and now I work the till at a local grocery store. I'm just now starting to move out of my parents' house into an apartment with friends as I'm about to start nursing school. You are somewhat limited in jobs by your grades but it limits the schools you can get into here. I know adults that don't have the greatest of education and they make decent money here in the States. It depends on how much of a worker you are and how well you impress your bosses.
Period ceremony.... well no ceremony was there when I got my first period . And no nose piercing ceremony took place . It depends tbh. The thing is that my parents are strict when it comes to education . It's difficult to study . You have councellors their at schools. We don't even have that . Well we all have 100 problems . Not same . Different but it's 100. Part time job while attending school is not a thing here . That's why to explore options people go abroad . I too want to come here . But it's not easy at all . I need to give ielts . Then financial conditions . Coz school or college are pricey for international students .
Anonymous #1
Ok bye I'm deleting 🙂the account .why ? There's no reason for deleting . I hope we meet each other one day as online friends . . I hope u find happiness and a good person. A good job . Was a good time meeting you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed