halcyonn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I would like to ask a question.
I'll be starting university in October, but wish to use government student financing in order to cover my costs for university. During my university studies, I would like to have a part time job. Will this affect me receiving financing in any way? Can I work only a certain amount of hours?
I have 0 knowledge on such matters.
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can work as many hours as you want, but the amount you earn will slightly affect your funding for the next year as finance is measured based on previous years’ income.
WantBeAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also you need to apply ASAP if you haven’t already and you may get your funding late due to the fact that the deadline for guaranteed payment on time was like May
Last edited by WantBeAnonymous; 1 month ago
halcyonn
Rep:
?
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
You can work as many hours as you want, but the amount you earn will slightly affect your funding for the next year as finance is measured based on previous years’ income.
I see. Thank you.
halcyonn
Rep:
?
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
Also you need to apply ASAP if you haven’t already and you may get your funding late due to the fact that the deadline for guaranteed payment on time was like May
Oh yikes. My situation is a little complicated at the moment, that's why I haven't applied for it yet. Is there a particular time I should not go over?
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whats your nationality? If your applying as a uk home student, then what you work will not affect your funding.
halcyonn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shirohige)
Whats your nationality? If your applying as a uk home student, then what you work will not affect your funding.
I am an EU national and I also have an EU settlement.
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by halcyonn)
Oh yikes. My situation is a little complicated at the moment, that's why I haven't applied for it yet. Is there a particular time I should not go over?
Essentially just the later you apply, the later you'll get the money, since missing the May deadline means it's already not guaranteed for the start of your course. What's stopping you from applying now? The sooner you can get the process started the better
halcyonn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
Essentially just the later you apply, the later you'll get the money, since missing the May deadline means it's already not guaranteed for the start of your course. What's stopping you from applying now? The sooner you can get the process started the better
Well hopefully, I can apply for it very soon.
Shirohige
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am an EU national and I also have an EU settlement.
Is that Settled or pre-settled?
halcyonn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Shirohige)
Is that Settled or pre-settled?
Settled Status.
Shirohige
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Settled Status.
Shouldn't affect you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads