Are 3 A levels worth it?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
like when you suddenly start finding them hard in the first year and have to drop out, people tell me its not worth it and if they could go back they would do a BTEC because her friends went to Russell group universities with a BTEC. I think its because they think I am not capable, family think i’m not capable of studying level 3 qualifications, teachers do. Dropped out now so..
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i just finished doing 3 A-levels waiting for results. i hated it, i wished i never did it because I'm not really clever in school and doing a-levels and GCSE made me stressed and lonely during these times and it affects me to this day. if i would have done a BTEC it would have been more of a balance for me because I'm good at coursework and it would have gave me a chance to to make friends.

To be honest, what do you want to do? are you able to do it? are you able to achieve the grades to get in? also you can do a level 3 btec most of them still count as 1 a-level if not 2. From my experience, i think you have done a right choice of doing a BTEC however its not the same for everyone and it depends what you want to be in the future.
gracieex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you have 4 subjects you enjoy then go for it! Don’t feel like you need a 4th though because most uni offers only include 3 subjects … sometimes its better to get A*A*A than AAAB
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by taranmistry)
i just finished doing 3 A-levels waiting for results. i hated it, i wished i never did it because I'm not really clever in school and doing a-levels and GCSE made me stressed and lonely during these times and it affects me to this day. if i would have done a BTEC it would have been more of a balance for me because I'm good at coursework and it would have gave me a chance to to make friends.

To be honest, what do you want to do? are you able to do it? are you able to achieve the grades to get in? also you can do a level 3 btec most of them still count as 1 a-level if not 2. From my experience, i think you have done a right choice of doing a BTEC however its not the same for everyone and it depends what you want to be in the future.
With A levels you can go to uni with a C and with BTEC you need D*, D and M so the highest possible grades to get to uni. I dropped out of college altogether, I didn’t drop A levels for a BTEC because that would make me feel like a failure and like I let myself down so I left college altogether but now I am stuck with training courses and working full time. I don’t know what I want to do or want to be in the future, I took A levels to keep my options open and I wasn’t expecting to drop out of them but its done now so.
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you can still go back to college its not too late! Doing a BTEC doesn't make you a failure at least in BTEC you can gain experience in the field you want to be in organised by your college. however in a level they make you find your own and its usually got nothing to do with the field you want to be in. anyway most jobs these days seem like experience is better than a degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads