Men: have you fallen in love with someone for just their personality?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
You met someone online (you don't know what they look like) and fell in love and when you did meet them in person, you were pleasantly surprised at how attractive they really were?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Once upon a time, yes.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never. I am the kind of guy to search for "how to become Mr. Steel Ur Grill" after a SENSUAL convo.
Last edited by urlocalinmate; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Once upon a time, yes.
Aww, what happened? Would you do it again?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Aww, what happened? Would you do it again?
Once when I was 17. We both liked each other and spent a lot of time on calls, messages etc. but we were in different countries and she was going to university in the U.S and I was staying in the U.K. Didn't work out.

Almost happened again a few years later with someone else - but she broke things off when she found out I'm almost 15 years younger than her.

I've never allowed it to happen again since.
Anonymous #1
Once when I was 17. We both liked each other and spent a lot of time on calls, messages etc. but we were in different countries and she was going to university in the U.S and I was staying in the U.K. Didn't work out.

Almost happened again a few years later with someone else - but she broke things off when she found out I'm almost 15 years younger than her.

I've never allowed it to happen again since.
Aww, that's sweet.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i've been attracted to some people's personality online.

didn't fall in love with them though
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not fell in love, but I liked their personality because they kind of match the criteria I look for in a girl.
Last edited by JAckieee.chan; 1 month ago
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Once upon a time, yes.
Obviously with a Muslim girl.
It can't be anything else brother.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Obviously with a Muslim girl.
It can't be anything else brother.
The first one was a Catholic. The second was an ex-Muslim.
JustSomeGuyYKnow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. She was at first really nice and kind and made me feel accepted and understood. That hadn't happened for a long time in my life so I developed feelings for her. Things changed later on but initially ... yeah.
Last edited by JustSomeGuyYKnow; 1 month ago
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The first one was a Catholic. The second was an ex-Muslim.
Brother you know well as I do that your chances are much better and your relationships would be great if you stick only with Muslim girls. Everyone knows this!
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Brother you know well as I do that your chances are much better and your relationships would be great if you stick only with Muslim girls. Everyone knows this!
I tried. She turned out to be a psycho and I had to get a divorce. It cost me over £90K+ in legal fees. She's now living in Scotland courtesy of your taxpayers money because her parents might kill her if she returns to her country (note: she visits her parents on holiday each year!). :lol: Welcome to the British legal system.
HunterxK
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I tried. She turned out to be a psycho and I had to get a divorce. It cost me over £90K+ in legal fees. She's now living in Scotland courtesy of your taxpayers money because her parents might kill her if she returns to her country (note: she visits her parents on holiday each year!). :lol: Welcome to the British legal system.
:eek:😬
This is why you should only get a nikkah done and not legally marry. This idea scares the crap out of me.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
TreeFellOnMe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nah not in love, but interested to get to know more yeah. Physical attraction is needed for me because otherwise I feel like my efforts to keep myself looking good and healthy don't matter and I want someone else to share my outlook.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HunterxK)
:eek:😬
This is why you should only get a nikkah done and not legally marry. This idea scares the crap out of me.
Yes, I learnt my lesson. I only did Nikkah in future in case it didn't work out. In hindsight, it was the best decision I ever made.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
May I guess the country of her origin? I think I guessed it right...

£90k to get rid off someone who didn't want to live with?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
May I guess the country of her origin? I think I guessed it right...

£90k to get rid off someone who didn't want to live with?
Pakistan. Lesson learnt.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You met someone online (you don't know what they look like) and fell in love and when you did meet them in person, you were pleasantly surprised at how attractive they really were?
no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads