The Student Room Group

Girls, would you date someone who was only 5'8''? would you consider it a dealbreaker

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucifer323
Men and women who are between 5ft and 5'4 are a bit midgy.

If they are below 5ft then they are properly midgy...

5'4'' is the average female height so definitely not "a bit midgy''.

Original post by Anonymous
Honestly- for me, yes. It sounds awful but I couldn't do it as they'd be shorter than my brothers and Dad who are 6ft+.

It doesn't sound ''awful'', it sounds bizarre. Like someone telling you they won't date you cos your breasts are smaller than their mom's and sister's :rofl:.
Original post by JustSomeGuyYKnow
5'4'' is the average female height so definitely not "a bit midgy''.

It doesn't sound ''awful'', it sounds bizarre. Like someone telling you they won't date you cos your breasts are smaller than their mom's and sister's :rofl:.

I said between 5ft and 5'4.
So a bit midgy.
Below 5ft they are properly midgy...
Honestly- for me, yes. It sounds awful but I couldn't do it as they'd be shorter than my brothers and Dad who are 6ft+.

Why does he need to be taller than your family members? That’s like saying you won’t have sex because his penis is smaller than your dads?
Reply 23
Tall women struggle a bit but they can usually always find guys

I feel bad for my short bros who are under 5’5. Must be tough dating with today’s standards
Reply 24
I am 5'8'' and my friends advised me not to sign up for Tinder cause women only go out with guys my height if they have no other options. I dunno if this is true.

i am a guy who is tall (6 foot 1 inch) and i have seen it go both ways where women want to be with someone taller or sometimes people find my height too tall. So in general it depends on how tall they are for example if their short someone of your height or even if their the average height for women which is 5 foot and 5 inches you will still be tall in comparison . Also even if your height isn't ideal their is other things you can have which a partner would want.
If 👏🏻 someone 👏🏻 cares 👏🏻 that 👏🏻 much 👏🏻 about 👏🏻 your 👏🏻 height 👏🏻 they 👏🏻 ain’t 👏🏻 the 👏🏻 one!
@Qxi.xli

Good afternoon girl!!
I’d say 5”8 is a good height and wouldn’t be a deal breaker :smile: xx
I'm 5'8, myself and it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.
Reply 29
Not stressed about height as many women arent. Even if I was I certainly wouldnt call 5'8 short, its half a foot taller than I am...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Foxehh
Not stressed about height as many women arent. Even if I was I certainly wouldnt call 5'8 short, its half a foot taller than I am...

:biggrin:

Midgy...
Original post by Asha_m
I'm 5'1'' so I actually don't care unless the guy's shorter than me.

Same I don't care either unless they're shorter than me

Spoiler

I think it matters for hookups, not for someone wanting a long-term relationship
Reply 33
Original post by Imboredasf
I think it matters for hookups, not for someone wanting a long-term relationship

Not even. I’ve recently slept with a friend who is 5’4 and I’m 5’7. I’m balding and not very attractive facially either so girls don’t care about looks as much as people think they do
I would date anyone my height or taller, the majority of girls aren't taller than 5'8. Don't listen to them
Original post by Iownuk
Not even. I’ve recently slept with a friend who is 5’4 and I’m 5’7. I’m balding and not very attractive facially either so girls don’t care about looks as much as people think they do

They do. However it depends on who it is.
By the way 5'4 is a bit midgy...
I am 5'8'' and my friends advised me not to sign up for Tinder cause women only go out with guys my height if they have no other options. I dunno if this is true.

I mean some tall guys still look clapped. U will be fine

Quick Reply

Latest