The Student Room Group

How to resign from retail

Can someone give me the easiest way to hand in notice without dealing with the manager. Can I not just leave it on the desk 😂😂
My last retail job I printed out the letter, stuck it in an envelope and chucked it under the manager’s door at the end of shift. Sorted 😎
Reply 2
Original post by markmm4226
My last retail job I printed out the letter, stuck it in an envelope and chucked it under the manager’s door at the end of shift. Sorted 😎

U made my day 🤣🤣
Original post by jidaaaaxo
U made my day 🤣🤣

Just be aware you are most likely going to have to give some notice though. Check your contract. Bit it's usually a couple of weeks or so.
I just handed my boss a letter and said that it would be my last week. I think I said something like thanks for the opportunity of working here and I’ve really enjoyed it and stuff but I’m busy with college and uni applications
Can someone give me the easiest way to hand in notice without dealing with the manager. Can I not just leave it on the desk 😂😂

I mean... you can leave it on the desk but that is incredibly rude and disrespectful. Is there a team leader you could speak to?? In bigger stores it’s often not the manager you hand it in to anyway
Reply 6
Original post by flamingolover
I mean... you can leave it on the desk but that is incredibly rude and disrespectful. Is there a team leader you could speak to?? In bigger stores it’s often not the manager you hand it in to anyway

trust me the place I work at doesn't deserve a notice if anything, many people have simply quit on the spot, and no team leader is helpful
trust me the place I work at doesn't deserve a notice if anything, many people have simply quit on the spot, and no team leader is helpful

I’ve worked at places like that and it’s just professional etiquette just because some people have done it doesn’t mean you should
Just remember that there’s a good chance your manager will be a reference for your next job.
I will be leaving my retail job soon, so will need to give notice in a months time. As I only started a few weeks ago, its going to awkward. I find after you have handing your notice in, managers change in behaviour towards you.

Earlier this year I had a delivery driver job, didn't enjoy it after 3 days. I said it wasn't for me and the manager asked me to email a notice to him on the spot.
Reply 10
Original post by route255
I will be leaving my retail job soon, so will need to give notice in a months time. As I only started a few weeks ago, its going to awkward. I find after you have handing your notice in, managers change in behaviour towards you.

Earlier this year I had a delivery driver job, didn't enjoy it after 3 days. I said it wasn't for me and the manager asked me to email a notice to him on the spot.

Oh that’s sucks and same I only started my job a month ago and I’m handing my notice tomorrow so it will be really awkward 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending