The Student Room Group

Confusing men

Why do men act out when refused sex?
Because they feel embarrassed and / or belittled. Which is exactly why it’s hilarious 😘
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Because they feel embarrassed and / or belittled. Which is exactly why it’s hilarious 😘

If your in a long term relationship then why do they still get grumpy.
Entitlement.

On the other hand... if you're stringing them along, 'playing them' for free meals and etc., then you should not confuse that with them acting out because you refused them sex.

If you do not foresee a sexual relationship with a guy, who does see one with you... then just leave him be.
Original post by Ghhjiik
If your in a long term relationship then why do they still get grumpy.

I mean it’s the same situation is it not? Anyone, regardless of relationship status, if they put themselves out there and get shot down they’re gonna feel embarrassed. It’s of course their own fault for feeling entitled enough to think they ‘deserve’ if or whatever, but it can be embarrassing…. but that’s their problem.
Reply 5
Original post by NonIndigenous
Entitlement.

On the other hand... if you're stringing them along, 'playing them' for free meals and etc., then you should not confuse that with them acting out because you refused them sex.

If you do not foresee a sexual relationship with a guy, who does see one with you... then just leave him be

No that’s not what I mean.
If your married and you refuse your husband.Why does he have to act out and be grumpy making all the family member aware?
Reply 6
I swear men can’t control themselves sexually.
Original post by Ghhjiik
If your married and you refuse your husband.Why does he have to act out and be grumpy making all the family member aware?

I feel like this is becoming very generalised. A man doesn’t ‘have’ to act out. Some men do, some men don’t. Same goes for women.

It seems you may be talking about someone in particular? Or about an experience you had? The context of the person or the experience may help to explain why he acted out upon refusal of sex. It is dangerous territory to generalise that they ‘all’ act out as you put it.

In the particular case you are describing, the individual must’ve been a very entitled person. Either he was led along to think sex is where the situation was going, or he misread the situation, or he just assumed because he was entitled. Everyone reacts differently. He obviously could not handle rejection well.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like this is becoming very generalised. A man doesn’t ‘have’ to act out. Some men do, some men don’t. Same goes for women.

It seems you may be talking about someone in particular? Or about an experience you had? The context of the person or the experience may help to explain why he acted out upon refusal of sex. It is dangerous territory to generalise that they ‘all’ act out as you put it.

In the particular case you are describing, the individual must’ve been a very entitled person. Either he was led along to think sex is where the situation was going, or he misread the situation, or he just assumed because he was entitled. Everyone reacts differently. He obviously could not handle rejection well.

Is sexual frustration really that bad for men?
Original post by Ghhjiik

I don't know. Depends why you refused. People can be complicated. It's not as simple as "my body my choice".

If you're sort of teasing him along, and then dropping him in cold water with a refusal... he's going to feel provoked. That's manipulative. As.holes do this. Women can be as.holes too. "My body my choice" is not a valid reason for excusing this behavior, because she shouldn't be behaving this way in the first place. In fact... this behavioral pattern is common among some types of mentally/clinically ill people.

If your relationship is going through issues that are effecting your sex life, and either of you is cold shouldering the other instead of dealing with the issues... it's not very good either.

If he's just hitting on you all the time around the clock and exhausting you, that's probably his problem to deal with, if he can't tell when you are or are not in the mood. Anyone would find that irritating and should be able to relate to it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ghhjiik

That's weird
He has no right to air your dirty laundry in public and also it is your body therefore your choice
Reasonable men don't.
It is the entitled jerks, f***boys, thirsty teenage guys, fake niceguys and creeps that do.
Reply 12
I don’t understand what the big deal is with refusing sex. Like a hard on isn’t gonna kill any man.Why do they act like I have committed murder by refusing? Does it have some kind of strange effect on you men or something.
Reply 13
Also I know this is a strange question but why do men get a hard on and does it mean they’re attracted to the person?
Original post by Ghhjiik
I swear men can’t control themselves sexually.

Most of us can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending