The Student Room Group

I've been purple for two years... AMA

Hello all :smile:

My name is MR and I've been a member of the Volunteer Team for just over two years now! :shock:

I didn't realise it had been this long... So I thought, why not make an AMA? :biggrin:

So go ahead, Ask me Anything

P.S. If you want to join the Forum Helper/Volunteer Team, you can put an application in here.

Terms and Conditions

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How about starting with the big one, that I should probably know the answer to: What do the VT actually do in the background? :colondollar:
What is your favourite type of TSR troll?
What's your favourite project you've been part of?
Original post by artful_lounger
How about starting with the big one, that I should probably know the answer to: What do the VT actually do in the background? :colondollar:

We pedal bicycles to make the electricity for the site :yes:

Genuine question: @04MR17 do you ever see yourself leaving TSR and if so why?
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger

A solid question. :yep:

The Volunteer Team (VT) have a little private forum where we discuss ongoing plans for the site in terms of running threads and things. For example, initial planning for the tokyo 2020 olympics and paralympics forum took place there, before things got set up properly in public. :biggrin: However, we aren't involved in any decisions to do with the site itself, like changing the community guidelines, closing forums or making tech changes.

We also help to support and mentor some of our wonderful Forum Helpers and do a lot with them too. :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
What is your favourite type of TSR troll?

We used to get some selling washing machines and kitchens. Don't think they are knocking about any more (certainly not getting past the automatic filters anyway), but they were fun. :lol:
popcorn preference? :holmes:
Would you recommend joining the volunteer team??
What is your 7th least favourite brand of deodorant? Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark is to be awarded for a reference to the Chaos Walking trilogy [11 marks].
WHY DON'T PEOPLE IN THEIR TWENTIES JOIN SOCIAL GROUPS, MR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :frown:

:innocent:
Reply 11
Original post by Lemur14
What's your favourite project you've been part of?

Probably the TSR Pub Quiz 2017. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4987794

It was the first (big) project I set up when I became a Forum Helper, and I put a huge amount of time and effort into it (way way way beyond the usual expectations).

However, there is always something special about being part of the TSR Results squad each year too, so that comes as a close second. :biggrin:
Dat who thou yink spof oonerisms?
Do you feel your time as a purple person has damaged your enjoyment of the site, having seen it from a different angle? :holmes:
How much clunge has the purple brought you? Would you say its doubled or quadrupled?
Although they’re not used much anymore, which is your favourite of the 26 social groups in your profile? :beard:
Reply 16
Original post by Obolinda
popcorn preference? :holmes:

Salted and microwaved :colondollar:
In your opinion, please describe:
a) The qualities of a good FH/VT/VSL.
b) The qualities of an undesirable FH/VT/VSL.
Original post by laurawatt
Although they’re not used much anymore, which is your favourite of the 26 social groups in your profile? :beard:

:eek2:

Is MR in his twenties? Does this mean people in their twenties join social groups after all?!?!? Were we all lied to?!?!?!??! :headfire:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
In your opinion, please describe:
a) The qualities of a good FH/VT/VSL.
b) The qualities of an undesirable FH/VT/VSL.

posh questions:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest