Msc Data Science : University of Liverpool Vs University of Sheffield

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm an international student , with offer from both the Universities (Liverpool and Sheffield) for September 2021. I've received my CAS and paid deposit to university of Liverpool a month ago. But I just got the offer for Sheffield and now I'm confused.In my opinion the course of Liverpool does look better than Sheffield , but just to have a second opinion do you think it is worth it to switch the uni now ..(with a loss £1000 application fees) and getting lesser time for visa application . What would you suggest I do?
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

So I think that Liverpool and Sheffield Universities would both be a great choice for you and quite comparable Universities. Both are Russel Group, with a good reputation and both are reasonably compact Northern cities with great culture and nightlife. I would try to think about what is most important for you, was there some aspect of either University which really attracted you to apply to Liverpool/Sheffield?

I've lived and studied in Liverpool for a long time now, so if there is some aspect of the city or University you would like to know about them feel free to ask away

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm an international student , with offer from both the Universities (Liverpool and Sheffield) for September 2021. I've received my CAS and paid deposit to university of Liverpool a month ago. But I just got the offer for Sheffield and now I'm confused.In my opinion the course of Liverpool does look better than Sheffield , but just to have a second opinion do you think it is worth it to switch the uni now ..(with a loss £1000 application fees) and getting lesser time for visa application . What would you suggest I do?
Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on both your offers! Choosing a university can be a difficult decision, and I would recommend looking at the different course sites and trying to research the cities. Both Sheffield and Liverpool are lovely cities with great universities! 😊
I’m a chemistry student at the University of Sheffield however my friend is on the MSc Data Science course, so here’s what he has said about it:

‘My Data Science MSc at Sheffield has been very good, despite it being online this year owing to covid-19. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I found that the workload was less in the first semester, which was good to ease into the year, then there is some more challenging work in the second semester. Overall, I have enjoyed doing this course at Sheffield.’

I hope this helps! I would like to add that I’ve personally really loved my time in Sheffield, which has loads of green spaces! If you have any further questions about Sheffield, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck with your future studies 😊
Grace
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads