What's the first few weeks like?

Watch
JTravity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi! I'm jayden and I'm beginning A-levels this upcoming september. Since enrollment is soon, i wanted to come here and ask what the first few weeks are like and what i need to expect, and avoid
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I went to a college and tbh it wasn’t too different from school. First day we got a free lunch and I mostly hung around with people I knew from secondary, one of my tutors had made a seating plan which was really good to get to know new people. By the second week I had made new friends who I spent time exploring the college with and working out where we liked to spend our free periods. Obviously avoid being late to lessons and other bad habits like not doing homework. Try to spend time consolidating what you learn in the first few weeks so you get used to spending time on independent study.
HadiY
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JTravity)
hi! I'm jayden and I'm beginning A-levels this upcoming september. Since enrollment is soon, i wanted to come here and ask what the first few weeks are like and what i need to expect, and avoid
If its sixth form, be prepared for difficulty. I overlooked the step up from GCSE and took it as if I would be a expert, getting 4 As at GCSE, oh how wrong I was. Start looking at some a level revision guides, but don't stress yourself out too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
13.83%
I need help researching courses (8)
8.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.38%
I need help with my personal statement (38)
40.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
24.47%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.26%

Watched Threads